Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I've got a 3 bank "Pro Charger", like this one:

This has worked great for me in the >4 years I've had my boat. The boat rigger also wired up an extension cord so that I could plug it in from the back of the boat -- this is a nice feature that I would recommend!

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
i have a pro sport 20 plus from cabelas ($169) that i like very much. this is my second year with it. i keep my boat outside, just service your batteries and plug it in for the winter, you need to check the water level about every 60 days. my boat is used every month , but it is nice not to have to worry about a frozen battery

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I have the 3 channel Minn Kota charger, so far no problems and it works very well. Since I use the boat 4-5 days a week and run the electric trolling motor a lot, I would hate to be without the on-board charger since I have to charge the batteries on a daily basis.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some people just live that life! Thanks for the input! I am just tired of having crawl in and out of my boat to hook up the charger to different batteries.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Methiolate Man said:
Wow, Walking Eagle- 4 to 5 days a week. I sure hope your a fishing guide! How else could you pay the bills?
Well, when you retire, you can do that too. Bills? Who pays bills? Oh, I guess you mean the monthly charges at Cabela's... and Sportsman's... and BPs... and....... :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts