Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so me and a friend of mine have designed our own lure and have some prototypes. we need some hooks and i'd like to find a wholesaler that can produce thousands in case we ever get these in stores. obviously eagle claw comes to mind, especially since they have manufacturing here in denver. the only thing though is that i was hoping to get these hooks a specific color (not red). anyone know if they or any other suppliers could do that?

·
P I K E
10,082 Posts

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Hooks SUCK !!! We have changed 3 times this year on the HD's, and twice on the Dynamo's.

I would suggest EC for a few reasons.

They are right here in state, so you would be helping the local economy
They are LOCAL, so you can pop in and talk to someone in person
They will speak and understand ENGLISH, this is not a jab, but we have had some big time communication issues with suppliers.

Hooks are a critical component that too many people overlook. We have tried to find a middle ground between good hooks and keeping prices down.

·
Registered
582 Posts
If your planning to sell a lot of lures, go the wholes sale route. If you dont know if your lures will sell, buy them during the great holiday sales and punch that into your price. Im a stickler for quality hooks, so i swap most of my trebles for owners and never look back. Make a product that people already know have the best of the best, not a product people will alter and complain about later.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FLYFISHGEEK said:
Hooks SUCK !!! We have changed 3 times this year on the HD's, and twice on the Dynamo's.

They will speak and understand ENGLISH, this is not a jab, but we have had some big time communication issues with suppliers.

Hooks are a critical component that too many people overlook. We have tried to find a middle ground between good hooks and keeping prices down.
thats some good advice. spoke to thepikester and i think ill be using EC for sure. that is if these lures work :) they still have to go through the testing phase if i ever get a day off with decent weather :)

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
FPF said:
FLYFISHGEEK said:

thats some good advice. spoke to thepikester and i think ill be using EC for sure. that is if these lures work :) they still have to go through the testing phase if i ever get a day off with decent weather :)
fair weather fisherman? how will you ever know if your new lures solicit bites in foul weather?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2DMACKS said:
FPF said:
FLYFISHGEEK said:

fair weather fisherman? how will you ever know if your new lures solicit bites in foul weather?
lol ill rephrase. any time the weather is above 32 degrees. im not an ice fisherman. my frined is though and he'll be trying them our for sure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts