Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys certainly don't make it easy but this Kiwi flyfisher has finally managed to login & am looking forward to hopefully contributing the ocassional worthwhile input.

Cheers & Happy New Year to all.

Bazza

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Welcome!

This aussie caught this Kiwi having a bit of fun with a sheep....." Mate", the aussie said, "Over there we shear them". The kiwi replied, "Mate, I'm not shearing this with innyone"

Next time post a meat pic!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanx Guys for your replies & in particular the words of welcome.

To answer some of your questions :-

I am a Kiwi still living in NZ but flyfished in Colorado a few years ago.

Am an ardent fisho solely involved on a 100% amateur basis in many forms of fishing including, freshwater, sea, netting, diving etc. & have been for the many years I have been on this earth. I have a small boat plus a larger one ( 5 .5 mtrs ) as well as an older model motorhome set up primarily for fishing.

Not sure what the policy of this site is & don't want to upset admin but if it was OK could post a link to a personal blog site that would give an in depth insight into the various forms of fishing down here.

Have also fished in the Pacific Islands namely Fiji, Nuie, Rarotonga, Norfolk, Solomons' Tonga as well as the US, UK, Scotland, Australia, Tasmania & Sweden.

Cheers Barry

PS :- if anyone has specific questions re the fishing down hear would be happy to try to answer them.

PPS :- I note that I am listed on the site as a "Junior member" .... would give a lot for that to be true however I probably hold the dubious distinction of being the oldest junior on the site & possibly the senior sector as well !

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
bazzanz,

Junior member refers to the amounts of posts one has. Not the age of the poster. We have many senior citizens on this site-LMAO

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bazzanz,

Junior member refers to the amounts of posts one has. Not the age of the poster. We have many senior citizens on this site-LMAO
Thanx for enlightening me on that Ninja but gotta admit was rather enjoying my brief stint as a junior & the feeling accompanying it that I have not experienced for many decades.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tony ( aka tthePikester ) via pm has kindly given the ok to post the link to my blog composed at the request of member of CFF a UK flyfishing site.

Tony advised posting the link to the fishing chronicles section however being something of a technophobe am unable to find it so in the interim will post it here & change it over later.

Be warned the blog site comprises 61 pgs & hundreds of pics so will present a formidable challenge to read the lot, nevertheless hopefully will contain something of interest for most.

The latest post is only a few hours old & put up after a very marginally successful trip out today. Also keep in mind our seasons are reversed therefore we are probably rubbing on sunblock whilst you guys are digging holes in the ice.

The link should open on approx. pg 59 so can move back or forth for more pgs if you so wish.

http://www.completefisher.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16161&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=870

Cheers Barry

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Tony ( aka tthePikester ) via pm has kindly given the ok to post the link to my blog composed at the request of member of CFF a UK flyfishing site.

Tony advised posting the link to the fishing chronicles section however being something of a technophobe am unable to find it so in the interim will post it here & change it over later.

Be warned the blog site comprises 61 pgs & hundreds of pics so will present a formidable challenge to read the lot, nevertheless hopefully will contain something of interest for most.

The latest post is only a few hours old & put up after a very marginally successful trip out today. Also keep in mind our seasons are reversed therefore we are probably rubbing on sunblock whilst you guys are digging holes in the ice.

The link should open on approx. pg 59 so can move back or forth for more pgs if you so wish.

http://www.completefisher.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16161&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=870

Cheers Barry
Following on from but not associated with are a few vid clips on flyfishing by Andrew Harding.

Altho he would be far to modest to ever claim to be Andrew would imo be recognised one of the top three fly fishos in the country as well as a thoroughly nice guy.

He often would land more freshwater fish in a day, than I would in a season & he is also a self taught cameraman that shoots all his own clips which I am sure you will agree are of a remarkable quality for an amateur with each one better than the last !

Please enjoy this small sample :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM9yKrQFxzk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3jA5B559ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1JhSUHh0NY

If you enjoyed watching those there are heaps more where they come from but must warn you some of his earlier ones had rather grating background music ... well certainly as far as this old fart is concerned but guess the younger ones probably enjoyed it.

Andrews' fellow angler in the first two clips is a young guy Jack Kos by name, who is a very accomplished angler in his own right who one the way back good naturedly complains about how small the fish were compared to his last trip to the South Island, nevertheless reckon most of us would be happy catching them.

Also all the fish caught were brownies which presumably was due to the fact they were 'Browns only" rivers however that is probably a bit misleading as I would say on average a lot more rainbows are caught.

·
Registered
33 Posts
O man! Now in jonsing to get on the stream. Which to do this weekend.... hmmm BOTH. Thanks for sharing, he seems to be a hell of a fly fisherman.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I've heard they have some big uns down at the sportsmans show. I'm takin my rod and power bait down there. They have people that can take pictures and photo shop for you. You will be an internet hero. Actually, I'm going bird huntin a couple more times with no camera. I hate those guys with the cameras mounted on there head. Looks like Johnny Depp in the lone ranger.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome and i'd love to see pics of what kind of fish are caught over in New Zealand.
If you peruse the 60 odd pages of my blog you may get some idea, alternatively I could post a link to a NZ site that would give info on all species but am reluctant to do so without permission from this site.

http://www.completefisher.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16161&start=900

At this point suffice to say we are fortunate enough not to have any snakes, poisonous spiders, scorpions, crocodiles, alligators or dangerous "bities" in general & altho there are multitude species of sharks including great whites they very seldom attack, with maybe less than 10 fatalities in the last 100 yrs. In the early colonial days claimed attacks were considerably higher, but is now thought that in those wild days it was a convenient way to dispose of a body by making it appear it had been a shark attack.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts