Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Who's going to the International Sportsman's Expo next weekend at a cost of $15.00?

• Yes, I'll be there

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, too expensive/not interested in what's there

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many CFers are going to shell out the $15 to go to ISE next weekend? If you're not going, is it because of the cost, the nature of the exhibitors, or some other reason?

·
Registered
193 Posts
i might go but its alot to spend to look at the same stuff i have been looking at for the last 6 years. the only reason i went in 2008 was for the state duck calling contest and i would go again if they had one

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to admit, I haven't been there for several years. The last time I was there it seemed like it was mostly out of state outfitters and lodges and I left disappointed.

·
Banned
2,918 Posts
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
I have to admit, I haven't been there for several years. The last time I was there it seemed like it was mostly out of state outfitters and lodges and I left disappointed.
That was my experience two years ago.

I won 4 free tickets from 99.5 The Mountain (am also in the running to win a St. Croix Combo). I wasn't planning on going and I know 4 people that would probably appreciate them better than I would. Not sure if I'm going to go or not.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
Funny. I was talking to a guy who used to be the store manager at Gander, before he went back to Orvis. He's going to be there working, and was asking if I was going to go. I mentioned I haven't been since the late 90's due to the fact that I was tired of the same old, same old...as well as all of the outfitters and out of state guys. It just seemed to me like the ISE had become a bit contrived.

Sounds like it hasn't changed much since then. :-\

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Have not been in about 15 years, dont plan on going either. Same ole' same ole'... guides scoping out their competition...not necessarily customers. ;D

·
Registered
194 Posts
I enjoy it every year, there is always something cool down there. It won't be as good as the ice fishing show in Minnesota we went to in December. That was the coolist thing I have ever seen, those folks are seriously into it!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
no more ISE for me.....always the same stuff, and it seems to get smaller every year. lower the cost of admission and id probably go for the seminars but thats about it....even the seminars seem to be the same thing every year...

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
it's ok! i haven't been in 8 years. i did find my honeymoon destination 11 years ago there! that was cool! i just wish they had more Safari outfitters representing there! ::) in all seriousness, my oldest saw a commercial for it and now wants to go! so we'll see!

Jim

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Probably roll friday with the same group of guys I go with each year who pretend to be hunters or fisherman. We have a good time have a few brews and usually end up at the Diamond to check out the pelt collection. :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Seen one of these and you've seen 'em all.
Fifteen bucks just to see what mostly amounts to a bunch of advertising is lame.
If you pay to park it's another 5 to 10 bucks at least.
Too pricey for my blood considering what you get.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I am not going. Most of the things I want to see and hear about, I can get boat guided sales efforts on. Hopefully all will be attending and let Harvey Gap alone!

Thnx FM

·
Registered
633 Posts
I'll be there on Thursday but only to help the DOW at the kids fishing pond. Wouldn't pay to get in because it seems like it is just the same old same old. Did get to see Crystal Eggers there last year, she is a smoking hot fox that would have made the 15 bucks worth spending. ;D :eek: ;) It is cool to get to see some of the local guys and talk to them since I don't get out much to fish with them like I used to. Other than that it's just a bunch of outfitters and guides from places I can't afford to go or have any desire to visit.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Thumper said:
Seen one of these and you've seen 'em all.
Fifteen bucks just to see what mostly amounts to a bunch of advertising is lame.
If you pay to park it's another 5 to 10 bucks at least.
Too pricey for my blood considering what you get.
Free parking and shuttle to and from Coors field.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Would be interesting I suppose but I won't be going because

1. I would rather be fishing
2. It's a couple hour drive
3. Plenty of big heads/mouths there that probably couldn't outfish me or half the people I know

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Rivrunnr1 said:
Would be interesting I suppose but I won't be going because

1. I would rather be fishing
2. It's a couple hour drive
3. Plenty of big heads/mouths there that probably couldn't outfish me or half the people I know
hater

1 - 20 of 133 Posts