Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to head out with a couple other guys who are crazy enough to fish today. Will report later...

·
Registered
24,633 Posts
If i wouldnt of missed the last two work days with upper respiratory crap I would be out there...went and got the mail it is perfect out...warm snow...

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Never really thought of you as the type to question someones testicular fortitude AO. Its so uncivilized and degenerative. :lol: Ill be looking forward to the report.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nothing to brag about. 5 a piece. 2 keepers each
You spoiled the fun! Was going to post a fake skunk report followed by an accident to get the naysayers going. Kinda of tired now. Will post a proper update tomorrow...

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Never really thought of you as the type to question someones testicular fortitude AO. Its so uncivilized and degenerative. :lol: Ill be looking forward to the report.
I'm not above it. :lol:

·
Registered
24,633 Posts
But the chances at a big girl go up exponentially but you have to put the metal down and put with things that go bump in the night...the darkness and hope that night brings...pure magic!...wonder how much shoreline skim ice we will get from single digits oh well it is only temporary...

·
Registered
24,633 Posts
Your mother lied to you to keep you out of trouble!

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jeez, you can do that at high noon!
Yes, I could also drive to a lake 3 hours away to catch 5 fish and a couple of keepers between 3 guys… But you are missing the point anyway.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Alright, here is the story:

Fisher32 and I drove from beautiful Thornton to meet up with Flashback at a watering hole somewhere in the Denver metro area. The fresh snow was slick and traffic was slow, but it was not as bad as it could have been. Flashback got there first and started fishing before we got there. He went to one of his usual spots. Around 7PM, Flashback walks over and said he only caught 3 dinks. Not a good sign. I had only caught a 17” walleye by that time. This wasn’t going to be the walleye bonanza I was hoping for... About 30 minutes later, Flashback left. He wasn’t “feeling it.”

We continued fishing with no other bite until maybe 8:30 PM. Fisher32 was not moving from his spot because the rocks were very slippery due to the snow and he didn’t have the proper shoes on. I was making my way down the shoreline away from Fisher32. I hooked into two fish in quick succession but they both came unbuttoned. Both times, I was walking toward the fish to shortened the fight. However the rocks were slippery and keeping my balance and the line tight was no easy feat. I learned my lesson and didn’t move for the third fish and landed that one.

I called Cher on the phone. He hadn’t had a single hit at his spot. I told him to come over because I had just caught one and missed 2. Cher was telling me on the way to the lake that I was a competitive *******. :D Now, I do want to catch more fish than the guy next to me, but I also don’t want him to not catch anything. Of course, it isn’t always a purely altruistic gesture; I also don’t want anybody to nag me to go home “cuz the fishin’ is slow.” :lol:

Anyway, we ended the night with 5 walleyes each:

I also caught a filthy slimer:

We called it a night around midnight. Cinderella, I mean, Fisher32 had to go home. OK seriously, he had some chores and duties as a family man today. We had both been fishing 7 out of the last 8 days…

An MA eye from Tuesday:

I only catch panfish if it’s on a jerkbait:

·
Registered
731 Posts
Nice work fellas. Had some stuff to take care of super early today. Glad you guys got into a few. Sweet jerkbait crappie! :hat:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts