Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like Scorpion_bsk, Mustang, Grizz3767, myself, and possably fishinguitars are meeting to fish at the St. Vrain state park (the fishin hole formaly known as Barbor ponds  ;D ) on Sunday. We're planning this around 11:30-3:30. The park is located just off I-25 at the longmont exit. There are 4 multi species ponds. We picked them, because the 5 of us are traveling from Estes Park, Fort Collins, Loveland, Commerce City, and Highlands ranch. Figured Longmont was around an hour for all. I thought I'd post this here to see if more people were interested. The more the merrier and all.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Does anyone know how the water looks at St. Vrain? What is the weather looking like for this weekend? I'm ready to fish!!! I haven't been out fishing very much for the last month, I have only been out twice I think.

·
Registered
943 Posts
there may be just enough ice to not be able to fish because all the little ponds around here have a thin layer of ice on them

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I know I've said this before, but I may meet you guys up there, what are the species? I was thinking trout, bass, and muskie but are there catfish and anything else? Cold weather tends to concentrate catfish, could be a good time.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Volfan --- Although they were recently stocked w/ small Bass & Crappie, the main thing people fish for there are Trout & Catfish. When I was there on Halloween the Cats were in the shallow end of one of the ponds. They looked pretty nice sized.
I will try to drive down there tomarrow after work to see what the ice situation is like, and report it. Hope to see you there (and hope there's open water  ;D).

James

·
Registered
82 Posts
Guys,
I work in Longmont and be damned if i didnt even look at the water when i drove by this morning. I will check tomorrow on my way to work and let you all know. Looks like weather for Sunday will be cold and possible snow lol. As long as the water is open im game.

Tight Lines and Bent Rods
Grizz

M

·
0 Posts
well if u drive by and see ice, we could always do a quick change of plans and head for hardwater

·
Registered
935 Posts
Yup, at least four going to Chambers on Sunday, and anyone going to should bring snowshoes and be ready to walk a bit, or a snow machine.

·
Registered
24,553 Posts
Mustang...about 10 miles northwest of Fort Collins and then about 60 or 70 miles west...

L

·
0 Posts
ST. VRAIN IS COMPLETLY ICED OVER AS OF THURS PM THERE WAS JUST A LITTLE OPENING AND THE REST LOOKED EXTREEMLY UNSTABLE!! WOULD NOT GO UNLES THIS 50 DEGREE OPENS IT UP SOME PROBABLY NOT THOUGH!!

·
Registered
16,614 Posts
C'mon guys-get with the program! Nature is telling you its time to ICE FISH!  Put away the long rods and put on the wooly's and ice it! Theres a few of us gonna be at 11-mile at Larry's at 715am. If you want a decent chance at some slabbers be there!  Just in case you forgot what 11-mile can produce :

·
Registered
935 Posts
I gots to getmesummadose. Wish it wasn't such long drive from Fort fun.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
come on slayer you know the water dont ice over where i live i have to keep out the long rods

plus i heard the walleye are biting in
the spillway at j-martin

i just need to get out and fish

1 - 20 of 22 Posts