Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why dont jet skiers and/or water skiers need some sort of a permit to do what they? You need a license to fish, hunt, drive a car. Why dont these yahoos have to have some sort of permit or have to take a safty class? I know alot of our license money goes to stocking(Or is supposed to) but what about other fees that are needed to keep and maintain our parks?

Do fisherman pay for more upkeep than other poeple on the water????

-Jay

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
I was checking out the fishing regs in Alabama (I am going to visit my in-laws in August). they have a Watercraft Operators course that is required. If you wre born after a certain date you have to attend a class lasting several hours before getting certified. If you were born before that date you still need the certificate but get it by presenting proof of age.

"Bama does not have a perfect system, but it is better than no system. In addition to enforcing the rules they also make sure you are aware of the rules.

btw for the second time in all the time I spend on Chatfield (and you see all of my posts about chatfield) I saw the rangers stop someone on the water. Busted a jet skier who just blasted in front of another boat in the no wake area by the handicap pier. The other time they wee going from boat to boat (in middle of the lake) checking all the licenses of the people fishing.

Dan

·
Registered
460 Posts
colorado has a boaters safety course that talks about the safe use of PWC's (Personal Water Crafts) this class is not mandatory though. i think atleast they should make the class mandatory for any motorized operations on the water. they should also throw in some more stuff about PWC. i have been studying this handbook so i can take the test. i would love to go to any reservoir adn administer the test to every boat captain. just to see how many failed

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thats a great idea in washington and oregon which is where im from they passed a law that in order to operate any type of water craft it is mandatory you take a boaters test and pay a fee which is a good way to help weed out some of the crazys out there. the only problem is there is not a enough law enforcement to maintain all the bodys of water. I just wish there was a better way to keep them under contol. it all comes down to ethics some pepole just dont get it and I beleive it needs to learned at a young age by the time they are adults its too late :( im just al little frustrated like the rest of you with the skiers and ski dooos on the water.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Burn-n-daylight said:
:( im just al little frustrated like the rest of you with the skiers and ski dooos on the water.
Word-up Brother=Amen Brother!!!!!

-Jay

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
WOW what a topic.. Good question. Last week when i went down to PUEBLO RES. Man Them Skiers ( Thems out that day ) are rude.. We had some jet skiers come by and act like a bunch of MONKIES.. I dont know what they wanted to do .. But i bet that was one reason why fish werent so active. They also came up to a small Bass boat about 60 yrds out and messed around with them trying to mess up there game .. I dont know if they were mad but I sure would have been.. ( If you guys on that boat by shore fishing all them SM bass on the southside read this forum please post your thoughts ).

steve

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think its just a matter of time till some jet/water skier gets their a$$ kicked or worse. They have no respect for anyone else on the water. Its like when they zoom by you when your trying to fish. What if one of them were in the water after falling(we always clap when this happens) and you go zooming by them. Its just as dangerious.

IMO

-Jay

·
Registered
117 Posts
went fishing the other day at stanley I was fishing from the bank and have been that P.Oed :mad: in along time the whole lake was wide open but do you think the skiers would go out there and use it NO they had to cruise right in front of me about 50 yards from shore and they did that the whole time i was there man i was half tempted to go haome and get my paintball gun and go back and wait for them to go by and unleash the fury on there Azz now that would be fun ;D but i didnt just went home cussing all the way NO RESPECT I tell yea :mad:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Can a paintball gun shoot a lead ball the size of a paintball? Atleast we coudl freeze the paintballs. Make the idiots feel the pain. The more pain they feel the happier i will be. Ever had them come close to the rear of your boat to see if they can swamp you? That is very scary in deep water.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts