Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Such a fatty, congrats! Woulda been such a mind if you had fought that fish for a few minutes and then slack line and you reel in that digested trout.
:eek:

Side note, I fished for 17 hours this weekend and caught nothing.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
That coulda been a ten inch Hudd instead! Haha! Good job
That's all I could think about as well. So after skunking a couple nights down in southern Colorado, I got back on the front range and took the swimbait rod out armed with an 8 inch Hudd. Wasn't huge, a little over 27" and a little under 8 pounds, but it was awesome to see an 'eye inhale one. Gonna be hard to go back to jerkbaits. My digital camera pooped out on me :( so I had to take pics with my flip phone haha. Sorry for the poor quality.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
You've been on the dark side - welcome to the darker side - they who throw swimbaits into the dark for hour after hour! Nice fish - clear confirmation that if you're willing to put in long hours under adverse conditions, you will get rewarded.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Well done again! I need to throw the swimbait a more often.

You've been on the dark side - welcome to the darker side - they who throw swimbaits into the dark for hour after hour!
That makes me wonder: is there a darkest side? I might join that... The dark side is getting old.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts