Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Sanchez is the place to go for monster carp, I've been out in my float tube and seen some 30+ pounders swim by and accidently hooked a few. Wow do those big one put up a battle.

G

·
Without sounding like an a$$. Bow fishing for carp is a blast and they are not exactly endangered animals. Though I have not fished for carp with a bow in years, I would do so again -- as carp seem to reproduce easily and grow quickly. If you have ever fished with a bow you would know that it is not as easy as it sounds. I do agree that leaving the carp on the bank to rot is not the correct thing to do. But dropping them off a 1/4 mile from the lake will ensure that a coyote has a decent dinner. Personally I think it would be great if one could bow fish for pike ? at least they are edible

Let the flames begin ;D

G

·
We used to bow fish for carp and northerns. The Pike we kept, carp was used to feed the dogs and cats,it did not go to waste. Great link on fishing in France!, From now on any Carp I catch I'll mail to them ;D

Dan

·
Registered
84 Posts
I know I dont know why, I fish for whatever my step dad takes me to fish at.
Fishing is fishing you go to fish for everything, or I think you who go for one thing are pretty funky how about the rest of you what do you think. and carp are fun to catch on a boring day. But now one can get rid of them. Ever and ever................. 8)

·
Registered
60 Posts
mauser said:
Without sounding like an a$$. Bow fishing for carp is a blast and they are not exactly endangered animals. Though I have not fished for carp with a bow in years, I would do so again -- as carp seem to reproduce easily and grow quickly. If you have ever fished with a bow you would know that it is not as easy as it sounds.  I do agree that leaving the carp on the bank to rot is not the correct thing to do. But dropping them off a 1/4 mile from the lake will ensure that a coyote has a decent dinner. Personally I think it would be great if one could bow fish for pike ? at least they are edible 

Let the flames begin  ;D
ehhh just because they're not endangered does not mean they're not living creatures that still suffer pain. If you're going to kill them at least whomp them once in the head real good with a hammer or a rock. Personally I haven't tried eating one yet but I hear they're really good smoked, I'll probably try that this weekend. Also instead of dropping them off in the dirt a lil ways away how bout throwing them on ice and donating them to a wildlife refuge? They can always use fresh meat for the animals. Greenwood wildlife rehabilitation center might take them for their injured racoons, or you could donate it to the colorado birds of prey rehab center too. That'd get your "hated" carp out of the water and breeding circulation plus you'd be doing a humane act by killing it quickly and not causing it to suffer and you'd be doing something helpful by helping to feed a badly injured animal. It's incredibly expensive to rehab those animals too, food costs are not cheap for these guys!

OH and if you're interested in any homeopathic remedies many Chinese and Korean medicinal recipes call for carp, they can be expensive if you buy them at an asian market, at least according to my mom they can be.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Over in England there considered a top game fish and they've developed all styles of fishng for them, bait, fly etc. For me, If I spot a pod, and the fishing is slow, I'll target them. They put up a great fight and are just fun to catch.

As far as carp go; one man's trash is another man's treasure.

Catch and release is how I see it, unless of course you love deep fried carp balls, as some folks down south love them.

Bring on the carpus-decaca and let the reels sing!

Pete

G

·
Trust me they do not suffer much after a 32" arrow goes through them. It is over pretty quick and on the contrary I do not hate them -- if they did not exist then I would have nothing to bow fish for.

Kadiya said:
mauser said:
Without sounding like an a$$. Bow fishing for carp is a blast and they are not exactly endangered animals. Though I have not fished for carp with a bow in years, I would do so again -- as carp seem to reproduce easily and grow quickly. If you have ever fished with a bow you would know that it is not as easy as it sounds. I do agree that leaving the carp on the bank to rot is not the correct thing to do. But dropping them off a 1/4 mile from the lake will ensure that a coyote has a decent dinner. Personally I think it would be great if one could bow fish for pike ? at least they are edible

Let the flames begin ;D
ehhh just because they're not endangered does not mean they're not living creatures that still suffer pain. If you're going to kill them at least whomp them once in the head real good with a hammer or a rock. Personally I haven't tried eating one yet but I hear they're really good smoked, I'll probably try that this weekend. Also instead of dropping them off in the dirt a lil ways away how bout throwing them on ice and donating them to a wildlife refuge? They can always use fresh meat for the animals. Greenwood wildlife rehabilitation center might take them for their injured racoons, or you could donate it to the colorado birds of prey rehab center too. That'd get your "hated" carp out of the water and breeding circulation plus you'd be doing a humane act by killing it quickly and not causing it to suffer and you'd be doing something helpful by helping to feed a badly injured animal. It's incredibly expensive to rehab those animals too, food costs are not cheap for these guys!

OH and if you're interested in any homeopathic remedies many Chinese and Korean medicinal recipes call for carp, they can be expensive if you buy them at an asian market, at least according to my mom they can be.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts