Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a little trouble logging in. So here's to a fresh start.

Back here in the east we have the best streamers... Nobody has streamers like us. tremendous, just beautiful.

Not little "trotting horse kelly" up in montana with his stinky peanut.....

We have the best, absolutely superior. Every where else comes up with shi#&%ole streamers. :thumb:

But seriously these might be great for Pike or could be downsized to trout proportions. I am putting together a saltwater striper box and these will be in there!

https://youtu.be/JhVzjBKmXAc

·
Registered
34 Posts
Always been a fan of the classics, fun to tie no doubt. Most have forgotten or dont realise the east coast os where most patterns originated, well before fly fishing and tying became a commercial enterprise. You had to get everything locally or come up with something yourself. About the mid 50s to the 60s is when the major companies started. It was true art back then.

Whats even more fun, a lot of eastern patterns are wicked good out here because nobody uses em !

I use mini clousers for bass, fakkin mahvelous !

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
Every where else comes up with shi#&%ole streamers
Bwahahahahahaha shi#&%ole streamers not used in Norway...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the flat wing is a relatively modern pattern. But it is an interesting idea to give a fairly defined profile to a streamer viewed from the bottom and top and with a light feather on the bottom and darker above. While making it sparse and more translucent looking from the side. The movement is really nice too. Light weight, while being a few inches long. Far as classic NE streamers that fish great in CO are sparse basic hair wings. Like Mickey Finn’s. One of my best fish out of the Ark in P-Lo was caught on a sparse mickey Finn style streamer. It was likely the only one it has ever seen! ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts