Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the wierdest thing youve ever heard being caught out of a colorado lake or pond ....When i was a kid at croke we seen a little alligator or croc in the lake ....I told my mom and my dad no one believed me . Three weeks later someone had caught it when we were there it was only like 18inches long . Im sure some dude just let his pet go but still pretty interesting .....

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
A guy a few years ago caught a pirana around 15" in the colorado river by corn lake, right next to the DOW office. I remember its picture in the paper.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Does anyone know if there's any tiger trout stocked in Colorado? I've seen them caught out of Utah lakes, but haven't heard much about them around the front range.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there was a pond in frasier that my uncle used to swear they had them ....he used to say the had them in blue mesa too.....Mind you this is the same guy that fishes with a fly and a bubble no matter what the situation ...bass fishing, trout,bluegill, anything fly and a bubble ...

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i've heard Twin lakes produces some wierd fish every now and then but never saw any

anyone else heard of this?

·
Registered
664 Posts
can't say for colorado but one year in MN the lake I grew up on winterkilled and we had dead fish literally stacked a foot deep on the beach in the spring.

The weirdest fish of all of them was a giant bowfin...man it was creepy, like a prehistoric monster.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was bass fishing at ward road ponds and hooked into a big albino channel cat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts