Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, This is a very short video I made of me hiking in and fishing a remote stream in the Weminuche Wilderness in SW Colorado. Its short because I got skunked! In addition I only had a few hours to fish with the crazy stormy weather we were having. But the beautiful scenery and seeing this water for the first time was well worth the effort!

Video Link here.

Hope you enjoy the scenery and thanks for watching! Ray

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for sharing!

Bummer about getting skunked, but what a gorgeous location. Love your intro / outro music by the way.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for sharing!

Bummer about getting skunked, but what a gorgeous location. Love your intro / outro music by the way.
Thanks man!

Yeah, I wish I had more time that day to explore further up stream. I got caught in a wicked t-storm the day before hiking into fish another remote stream and wanted to try to avoid that scenario again. It rained hard everyday I was there which is good obviously..

·
Registered
29 Posts
If I were a younger man I wish to return to Emerald Lk were I did well a long time back. I also wanted to keep going up the Lake fork to Moon Lk. It has always been on the to do list.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I were a younger man I wish to return to Emerald Lk were I did well a long time back. I also wanted to keep going up the Lake fork to Moon Lk. It has always been on the to do list.
I have heard good things about Emerald and Flint lakes. I met a couple on my return that were trailing 3 llamas packed with gear. They were heading up to camp near the Flint Lakes for 2 months! They both had to be in there in Mid to late 70s. Thats badass in my book...

·
Registered
29 Posts
while you are thinking the pinos, I will travel up to the high country again in late September. You guys have any tips on Vallecito. I was hoping for a calm day to kick boat fish there. Seems like there would be lots of chances at several species that might want to obliterate a fly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have never fished the reservoir. But I have heard tales of giant Northern Pike being caught that like to hang around structure like tree stumps..

·
Registered
13 Posts
You will probably arrive after the monsoon season, which causes foul weather every afternoon. Beware of lightning. Around the small islands & along the southern shore are good bets. PRID pass, $5.00 is required, can be had self svc. at north end, community center, near the outhouses. There are monster pike which Parks & Widlife feed every yr. w/ stocked bows. Lake is drawn down for irrigation so find and work gravel, rock structures. The pike like to lay in ambush but there wont be any weeds for them to back into. Also has good sized Walleye.

·
Registered
29 Posts
thanks jimc........still trying to make a day in the kick boat there. is the trout fishing in lake any good?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts