Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arrived around 6:30a.m. by the north boat ramp just before the sun started rising and looked to be the first on ice.  Fished in 65fow with a 1/4oz jig with a 3" white tube tipped with sucker.  Caught 4 lakers within one hour; a 14", two 17", and a 19".  Then my partner Fishinfoo landed one on my rod being about 22".  Then the bite slowed until about 11:30 then quickly died.  All in all, we both caught five lakers and had at least ten more bites and lost a few others.  Great day for fishing.  Kept only two and released the rest for next time.  Ice was about 14"inches thick. My first Mack ever!!!

·
Registered
904 Posts
We did about the same. We each caught 6 Macs and none were monsters. Used glow white tubed 2 1/2" fats with sucker meat. Fished in 27-47' of water. Tried jigging for Pike for a while with no luck. Did a dumb thing while drilling holes for Pike. Drilled into the ground (6" of water), so does anyone have a lead on some Strike master laser blades? Beautiful day on the ice and traffic was light on the way back. Made it back in 1hr and 45 min. Saw herd of elk in the am , 2 big bucks in the pm and a Bob Cat crossed right in front of us about 1/4 the way down Ute Pass.
Dan

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Sounds like a good day for all of you... Gotmuskie, Terre gave me a great tip when we were at Granby that allowed me to catch alot more of the ones I missed. Once you try to set the hook and miss the bite, drop your tube down. The laker thinks he wounded the bait and will grab it again. I probably wouldnt of caught anything without this little bit of advice. I would of kept sending fish to Steamboat's hole. :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts