Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldnt get the sleds ready for the Granby event but went to the Fork on Sunday.Braved a small blizzard and ski traffic on I-70. Got to the east boat ramp @ 930AM. nobody else there! Gassed over to the snagging cliffs and drilled holes from 25' to 11' FOW. I missed 2 hits on a lazer in 25FOW. Switched from a gold kasty to a homemade color on a silver kasty and caught a 18" bo in 11FOW. The weather was real changeable from bright sunshine to mini-blizzards in a second or 2. Motored to the east side below the house around noon and we each caught a 14" bo in 12 FOW.On lazer jigs.Left at 1pm.Not bad for 3.5 hrs of fishing. It's a nice peaceful place to fish. Saw maybe 4 other shacks total.

My 18" bobo:

2 fish with my FREE SLED!

Friend with his bobo.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
That is a nice looking trout! Were you just after trout or did you try for lakers or pike? I've been thinking about heading up to the fork.

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hatchmaster said:
Were you just after trout or did you try for lakers or pike?
\

All the pike I have caught are caught while fishing for trout.I had a WICKED rip while jigging the kasty that may have been a pike. It was in 10 FOW where most of my ice pike have been caught.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Hey Slayer, How thick was the ice? and was there lots of snow on top? We fished Granby 4 days the last week caught 15, 19, 1 , and 2 fish. what a difference a week makes. The 1st two days thurs-Fri, 2nd 2 days the next wed & Fri. all Lakers, 16-21 in. haven't hit the fork yet, think next time I will. Did you ever make it to Seamen?

·
Registered
935 Posts
Nice fishies, Slayer.  Too busy to fish much righ tnow, I live vicariously though your fish posts (and those of others on the forum).  I appreciate that you always include the pictures. 

A free snow machine and somethin to haul it with would probably win me over to the dark side.  I like free stuff. A free machine would make gear weight less meaningful, and I'd probably end up with so much gear I'd fall through the ice.

B

·
0 Posts
love that old ski doo, watch out that carb between that legs will give new meaning to snowmobiling ;D, had an old one like that you can just pickem up and throw em around,

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JohnnyO19 said:
Hey Slayer, How thick was the ice? and was there lots of snow on top?  Did you ever make it to Seamen?
Ice was 12" with 0-6" of snow on top.Not as much snow as I expected. Never went to seamen on account of warm temps/wind. Are you gonna do the Boyusen thing? I think me and my bro are gonna start at Ocean lake on saturday.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
SLAYERFISH said:
JohnnyO19 said:
Hey Slayer, How thick was the ice? and was there lots of snow on top?  Did you ever make it to Seamen?
. Are you gonna do the Boyusen thing? I think me and my bro are gonna start at Ocean lake on saturday.
Think I'm going to have to pass on this one, Reg may still be interested though. Have you fished Boysen before?

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Only in the open water. Been conversing with a guy on iceshanty about boysen,he's given me some good icin info.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hey Slayer, I was going to go to Smith lake on the panhandle this weekend, but the ice there is not looking too good from what I hear. I have never been to Boysen, but since I have four days off maybe that is the place to go. What can you tell me about it? I would need lodging recommendations, too, if you got 'em.

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
beerman said:
What was the ice like Slayer? Was it slushy like granby or just snow covered? could it be atv'd??
Didnt see a bit of slush. Theres just not enough snow on top to sink the ice.ATV will work just fine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts