Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
17,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldnt get the sleds ready for the Granby event but went to the Fork on Sunday.Braved a small blizzard and ski traffic on I-70. Got to the east boat ramp @ 930AM. nobody else there! Gassed over to the snagging cliffs and drilled holes from 25' to 11' FOW. I missed 2 hits on a lazer in 25FOW. Switched from a gold kasty to a homemade color on a silver kasty and caught a 18" bo in 11FOW. The weather was real changeable from bright sunshine to mini-blizzards in a second or 2. Motored to the east side below the house around noon and we each caught a 14" bo in 12 FOW.On lazer jigs.Left at 1pm.Not bad for 3.5 hrs of fishing. It's a nice peaceful place to fish. Saw maybe 4 other shacks total.

My 18" bobo:

2 fish with my FREE SLED!

Friend with his bobo.

· Registered
17,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hatchmaster said:
Were you just after trout or did you try for lakers or pike?
\

All the pike I have caught are caught while fishing for trout.I had a WICKED rip while jigging the kasty that may have been a pike. It was in 10 FOW where most of my ice pike have been caught.

· Registered
17,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JohnnyO19 said:
Hey Slayer, How thick was the ice? and was there lots of snow on top?  Did you ever make it to Seamen?
Ice was 12" with 0-6" of snow on top.Not as much snow as I expected. Never went to seamen on account of warm temps/wind. Are you gonna do the Boyusen thing? I think me and my bro are gonna start at Ocean lake on saturday.

· Registered
17,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
beerman said:
What was the ice like Slayer? Was it slushy like granby or just snow covered? could it be atv'd??
Didnt see a bit of slush. Theres just not enough snow on top to sink the ice.ATV will work just fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.