Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and Beerman hit WF yesterday at the inlet side. One hell of a walk from that end. Deep snow and quit aways out to just get to 5 fow. Eventually made it to 12 fow and set up for Rainbows but no rainbows but we did catch 4 nice Macks and Beerman caught a 28" Pike. Mack fishing would of been good if we went to deeper water but we where stuck once we got to are area due to the tough walking conditions.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I know what you mean about water depth. I thought I was far enough out on saturday, drilled my first hole in less than three feet of water. :-\

·
Registered
16,651 Posts
Good you guys got a few- I take it you parked next to the stream? If you go farther west theres a parking lot up by the trees directly across from the windmill house. No where near the walk. I thought yous were gonna have 4-wheelers?

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Slayer that tip on that parking lot is a little late J/K but thats as far as my fat butt would go was the trees or lining up with that wind mill. Beerman did bring his four-wheeler but the snow was to deep to get it to the lake and when it warmed up around noon he said it was a good thing we didn't bring it out because the snow on the lake was starting to go to slush. probably 12" of snow on the lake with 4" plus slush and 2' to3' snow on the banks and around the parking area. Sure is a peacful lake to fish and a pretty drive getting there from Ute pass

·
Registered
16,651 Posts
Yeah wish I coulda been there. it sure is peaceful and quiet there. When I was there last the ice was pretty much clear of snow.What a diff a month makes.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think the Mack fishing there has to be really good if you had sleds to get to some humps or deeper flats. We where getting them in 6' to 12' of water

·
Registered
16,651 Posts
I ve caught all the fish that swim in the fork in 25 ft or less.All you had to do was walk another 1/8 mile or so- ;D ;D-I fish 9-15 FOW near deep drops to 25 or so.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Trout, you shouldn't follow me or my tracks, I'm always lost. :p When I went there Saturday, there was no parking lot up buy the trees. The county had not plowed it out. You would have had to park on the road. They did have a loop plowed down by the river but not much for parking.

·
Registered
297 Posts
CaptHook said:
Sounds like a nice Pike.  What did you catch him on if you don't mind me asking?  Also, any pics?
Everything we caught was on white glow tubes and sucker meat, tried alot of different stuff, just didn't get any looks on anything else. Sorry no pics this time, forgot about the camera. :(

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mojo thats where we parked and from there it was the March of Death to get to the lake. Man am I out of shape!!

·
Registered
16,651 Posts
Yes ,the 'FORK "march of death". That's prolly why there are no crowds up there. HAHAHAHAH-tHATS GREAT.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts