Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
I think that most would agree that the best approach would be for you to clearly state your position openly on this forum. That eliminates any denial of what might or might not have been discussed in the phone calls that you suggest. Seeking private communications would appear to accomplish only the clouding of your position statement and is less than upfront. Why allow for the potential for further confusion?
This.

I can only deduce from what evidence exists with regards to this situation, that RMO is having a hard time putting their clients on fish @ WF and is seeking outside help rather than trying to pattern the fish themselves.

·
Registered
11,849 Posts
So.... RMO, you come on here and tell people to call you? Are you serious? I don't wanna talk to you and then come on here and explain what you say, then have you come on here and dispute it. Have some guts and say what you said to Redleader. I do not know Redleader to be a bullshitter and have no reason to believe that he is making anything up....

Silence will be interpreted as you hiding something and taking the spineless way out. I may not agree with your beliefs or policy on this, but I can at least respect you if you speak openly and honestly...

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
So.... RMO, you come on here and tell people to call you? Are you serious? I don't wanna talk to you and then come on here and explain what you say, then have you come on here and dispute it. Have some guts and say what you said to Redleader. I do not know Redleader to be a bullshitter and have no reason to believe that he is making anything up....

Silence will be interpreted as you hiding something and taking the spineless way out. I may not agree with your beliefs or policy on this, but I can at least respect you if you speak openly and honestly...
Amen to that!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I'd never write a blog and use my platforms to hurt someones business... but I think clearing up someone spreading some bad information to the angling public about a special body of water would be important. Hopefully RMO comes on here soon and at least speaks his piece.

Steve as always thanks for looking out for the lakes in your neck of the woods!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I don't know the RMO guy, but this just doesn't sound like Ewert's words.
Please don't come to any conclusions on what Ewert may or may not of said or where he stands, I have a call into him asking for his side of the story and as always would invite him to come on here and let us know.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
For those of you who know Rocky Mountain Outfitters, you know that take great pride in working and looking out for the health of our area fisheries. We are out to protect all fish and do our best to educate anglers in how to do this. I'm not sure where redleader gets the idea that we are out to kill big pike. We are well aware of fish populations in our area lakes.

If anyone has any questions or interested in hearing what we actually think feel free to call or email us anytime.

[email protected]
970-798-8021
Hi July, I know you want to stand behind your husband and protect your family business.

I have no intention of hurting anyones business or upsetting anyone.

A better approach than calling me in a rant about how I know nothing about Pike, threatening to shoot me if I ever say anything bad about RMO and hanging up, may be to encourage Jim to come on here and tell everyone openly and honestly what he told me and why, just as others have suggested since he's the one that started this mess.

A few quotes from Jim that could use some explaining.

JG; There are too many large Pike in the lake.

JG; We need to thin out the big Pike so we can have more small Pike.

JG; The DPW (Jon Ewert) asked me to help them through my guiding permit to reduce the large Pike population

JG; I told the Mussel guy we want Large Pike killed not Lake Trout, the DPW wants anglers to release the large lake Trout and its not my fault what he's telling people.

JG; I normally agree with you Steve but you are wrong about Pike, they grow 6"s a year, you are only one guy.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Innocent until proven guilty. I would like to hear RMO's response also. Can't believe a guide, or a forum member would recommend keeping a pike over 34 inches at WF,..altho, it would be legal?.

On side note,..son and I hit the Fork today,..no pike harmed. As a matter of fact, not a lot of fish harmed. Slow day, a mac and a fat bow caught, and released. One boat spotted on lake, and a few fly guys in shallows tossing, I'm thinking, big flies for pike. Didn't see much action.

·
P I K E
10,268 Posts
I also have a message in to Mr. Ewert so hopefully he will come on and help clear this mess up for us all. I know he is a busy person so imagine it may take a bit.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I also have a message in to Mr. Ewert so hopefully he will come on and help clear this mess up for us all. I know he is a busy person so imagine it may take a bit.
Busy? Oh I don't think I'd be that busy if someone was retelling what I supposedly said to either correct the misconstrued remarks or defend the position I had taken.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Hi July, I know you want to stand behind your husband and protect your family business.

I have no intention of hurting anyones business or upsetting anyone.

A better approach than calling me in a rant about how I know nothing about Pike, threatening to shoot me if I ever say anything bad about RMO and hanging up, may be to encourage Jim to come on here and tell everyone openly and honestly what he told me and why, just as others have suggested since he's the one that started this mess.

A few quotes from Jim that could use some explaining.

JG; There are too many large Pike in the lake.

JG; We need to thin out the big Pike so we can have more small Pike.

JG; The DPW (Jon Ewert) asked me to help them through my guiding permit to reduce the large Pike population

JG; I told the Mussel guy we want Large Pike killed not Lake Trout, the DPW wants anglers to release the large lake Trout and its not my fault what he's telling people.

JG; I normally agree with you Steve but you are wrong about Pike, they grow 6"s a year, you are only one guy.

WOW, Jim Gasner sounds like a real piece of art. His "actions" continue to reveal who he is....... RMO BOYCOTT! You might be only one guy...... who happens to share the same ideas on that fishery with many guys. " You are only one guy"..... that statement is going to be pretty ironic down the road.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
WOW, Jim Gasner sounds like a real piece of art. His "actions" continue to reveal who he is....... RMO BOYCOTT! You might be only one guy...... who happens to share the same ideas on that fishery with many guys. " You are only one guy"..... that statement is going to be pretty ironic down the road.
And still hasn't said anything on here about it. Maybe we all should call him and ask him as he requested?

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
I never really had a problem with RMO although I have seen them do some sketchy crap firsthand... from "guiding" people on grand lake and their promotion of making grand lake a "world class fishing destination". they are one of the few stores in the state that sells radical glow stuff so I did shop there for that reason.

If they are promoting an agenda of killing big pike out of what is probably the best pike lake in the state... then screw them and their business. Colorado has few trophy lakes... and crap like this is the reason why.

flood the other fishing sites with this info.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Unreal. Wack job.

·
P I K E
10,268 Posts
Still hearing nothing but crickets here in our special place!!! :madgrin: That is kewl though cuz it just blends in with the other noises in my head!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sounds like good fodder for a Field and Stream article. "When Colorado Commercial fishing guide and recreational Northern Pike fisherman collide".

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Please don't come to any conclusions on what Ewert may or may not of said or where he stands, I have a call into him asking for his side of the story and as always would invite him to come on here and let us know.
Of course I won't, and that's actually my point.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts