Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With many thanks to SlayerFish, madmanmongo, Trout, little mac, and friedrich fishing Williams Fork was a success. Thanks Guys

I got there Sat. morning about 9 and pulled into the east boat ramp area, Slayerfish I thought you were there - because there was a truck with a camper in the parking lot.

I walked out into the bay and talked to a few people and then i went to the right - to the closest point ;D and talked to an old guy name Lou (he was the guy who owned the camper) and had caught lake trout friday in 45 feet of water there but moved in to 35 feet and told me to do the same. I did and set out a water dog on a tip up near shore. It wasn't long before I had lake trout action.

And 1/2 hour later when the flag went up this is what I pulled in. (35" - 12lb's)

Lou was pretty impressed and snapped a couple of pictures for me. I showed him the tip up and how it works and he showed me how to catch lake trout. I caught about 5-6 and kept 2.
Today I caught another 5 or so keeping the 3 bigger ones. all caught on white jigs, white mr. twisters with sucker meat.

Thanks All. Mikinaak 8)

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Re: Williams Fork

jamiehughes said:
i hope your spot in the pics doesnt get blown up, especially since it wasnt your spot...nice pike tho...
[/quote

Actually he went the wrong way ;D and heck nothing stays quit forever man wish it did though.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Nice job - excellent pike! When you asked for info on where to fish last week I was wondeirng how you did. Now [glow=red,2,300]that's[/glow] the way to get introduced to a lake! Congratulations!

Where were you able to find waterdogs?

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
_colorado said:
Nice job - excellent pike! When you asked for info on where to fish last week I was wondeirng how you did. Now [glow=red,2,300]that's[/glow] the way to get introduced to a lake! Congratulations!

Where were you able to find waterdogs?
Thanks...Been here awhile - I have a private stash of waterdogs! 8)

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

SLAYERFISH said:
Way to go, Paul!

I wouldnt have used waterdogs, or tip-ups, and woulda fished about 3 miles away on the other side.

But what the [email protected]$k do I know? ;D
What do you mean "I wouldn't have used waterdogs or a tip-up?"
Thanks = esp coming from the FISHSLAYER i mean SLAYERFISH ;D

·
Registered
16,527 Posts

MIKINAAK said:
SLAYERFISH said:
Way to go, Paul!

I wouldnt have used waterdogs, or tip-ups, and woulda fished about 3 miles away on the other side.

But what the [email protected]$k do I know? ;D
What do you mean "I wouldn't have used waterdogs or a tip-up?"
Thanks = esp coming from the FISHSLAYER i mean SLAYERFISH ;D
I just use a 1/4 oz. kasty. Those damn pike are always biting them off.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just fish said:
Nice pike and nice report. Any size to the lakers?
Thanks! No all the lake trout were about 14" to 16" some fatter than others.
I fried them up last night and am munching on them at work as I write this.
They sure are good, better than rainbows ;D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts