Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished here on 1-21. We missed 4 or so macks and one pike. we got a late start on the ice about 10 and only got 1 on the ice. we were on the north west side. The ice was about 14 inched with about 8 inches of snow. Hardly any slush. Cold but a beautiful day. We will probally hit there next Sat again. We tried white,Chartruse and pumpkin Tubes. White was the producer.
Any suggestions on better success for the macks??

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
When you miss a mack drop the tube (or whatever) below them, they think they wounded it and will hit it again. (you can thank Terre for that one) :p

·
Registered
745 Posts
Hey, live to fish. Did you try the 3 rocks? Did the Macs and pike come out of the same hole? Or did you have to switch depths? I'm going this weekend looking for some tips. I'm bringing sucker meat, wax worms and going to try big and little swedish pimples, maybe some tubes. Hopefully I'll get some nice pike. Any advice?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Daredevil
I am not sure where 3 rocks is??
I was in the north west side at that last parking area . the macks were in about 30fow. white tube w/ sucker meat.THe pike was suspended under a tip up in about 15 fow. on a water dog.
I think i am going this weekend also maybe the same place on the lake.
I hear out of the east boat ramp is good also i have never fished there.
Epic thanks i read that on here last week. It works that is how my wife got the one we did get to the ice.

·
Registered
745 Posts
sorry they are called triple rock, they are by the south west side.the east boat ramp has been good to me. I try to get along side the river in about 120 fow. never had luck with iced pike

·
Registered
46 Posts
Little bit of A late report but better late then never right?!?
Fished the Fork 1-20 from about 3:30pm tel 10:30pm iced out a total of 9 macks all 18 to 23in. They hit pretty much everything I presented, most were off the bottom but I did manage to catch to suspenders that were 10ft off the bottom, and boy did they hit it. Fished in 41FOW most of the day.
Tyler-

R

·
0 Posts
I hit Williams Fork on Saturday. Got there at sun-up, fished 50yds off the East boat ramp. Only 2 fish all day. An 18" Laker on a jig and salmon eggs, and a fat 19" rainbow on jig and wax worm. I was wondering if there are a lot of big trout in that lake. I know it is known for the Pike, but if it has a lot of big trout I will definitely fish it more often. That was my first time ice fishing Williams Fork, had a great time even though I only caught 2 fish.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I caught a 34in. Laker there last year. My biggest fish here in colorado. Have yet to fish it this year, man I got to get out!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hatchmaster said:
FISHNBEER- Where on the lake were you fishing?
I was on the East boat ramp a ways out on these drop offs from 40ft to 60FOW
We were also out there 1-28 my buddy got the shunk and I only iced out one 17in. laker. Pretty slow day out on the ice.
Tyler-

1 - 14 of 14 Posts