Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading a bunch of reports off here for a while without posting, time to change that. Went to Williams Fork and fished the inlet area from shore from 8:30 or so till 11 (west side, right where the gravel rocks begin). Had one bait pole in the water and the trout would not leave it alone. I'm not a really big fan of bait dunking but I wanted to make sure I caught something. Wound up catching four of them, released all but one, all caught on night crawlers. The grocery fund is kinda low right now so I had to keep one. Biggest trout was 19 inches and went probably around 4 pounds. Threw a bunch of spoons and crankbaits trying to pick up a pike but no action. The trout bite did really die off though at about 10:15. Went to the boat ramp area and did the same thing, and got no bites. Also saw a couple of people fishing right where the river runs in and having luck as well on flies and lures. The trout really seem to be stacked at the inlet (probably spawning) which means that the pike can't be too far away, maybe next time.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Is the boat ramp open and did you see any boat fisherman on the water?

Welcome to the site.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

M

·
0 Posts
Very cool! Thanks for the report. Earlier in the week I was planning on hitting it this weekend - weather report says snow Saturday....still undecided. Your report is definately a motivator!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts