Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Williams Fork Reservoir, Friday, May 12th

Fly-fishing with sinking lines. Lake seemed dead. I only caught one small Brown Trout all day. No rises. I usually do well there with sinking lines. Weather was clear and warm. Wind from the west.

I should have gone to the shallows and thrashed the water for Pike.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Have you caught pike up there before? Where is the best spot?

I tried a handfull of times the last couple of years and have still yet to catch one. I fished the west side. I think it's called the fingers?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hatchmaster said:
Have you caught pike up there before? Where is the best spot?

I tried a handfull of times the last couple of years and have still yet to catch one. I fished the west side. I think it's called the fingers?
Only one Pike but I wasn't even trying for them. I have not actually specifically targeted Pike there although I think the idea is to go to the shallows on the windward south end of the lake on a windy day and strip big streamers over the weeds.

Maybe someone with Pike experience on this lake can add to this thread.

·
Registered
297 Posts
We fished it yesterday, they must of just stocked it as we couldn't keep the little slimers off of our lines, biggest fish we saw all day was a 14" bo, I was even catchin 5-6" fish on a 5" rapala. I think all the big boys and girls within reach from shore are stuffed to the gills on fresh meat right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts