Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
17,048 Posts
I have to disagree with Dan just a little. A 1/4 oz. kasty works wonders on the pike. I think it's easier to fool the wary ones with small stuff than the big stuff that they see all the time.

· Registered
2,952 Posts
slayer hit it right. I catch most of my pike jigging with perch or trout lures, depending on what is in the lake. Pike love ratsos! If you want multi-species, I bet a 1/4 oz buckshot rattlespoon would fill the bill better than anything. Lakers, trout, and pike all love them. However, suckers or the like under tipups for pike are the best.
Good luck.

· Registered
776 Posts
I was out there last Wednesday. Boy was it cold! Moved around quite a bit with the vex in search of fish but they were very hard to find. They were for me anyway. Fished in 45 FOW to the southwest of the boat ramp and caught 5 macks. The two largest were 18". Tried at least 6 other places within walking distance and could not even mark a fish. Went as far south as the outhouse in the east campground. The fish I caught took koke sacks. Ice was 15" and noisy. Water fluctuation I guess.

· Registered
1,725 Posts
Reg said:
So that means you were going down to the inlet last year?
Not really that far. We fished by the cliffs on the east side. there was a fence on top of the cliff, and an outhouse alittle further down. There's a big white house & a wind mill up there too, but i never quite made it that far South.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.