Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come on guys - Where's the love?

I want to catch some big pike up at Williams Fork.
Where should I go on the lake? Mikinaak 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,527 Posts
I will tell all I know- Most will disagree but I prefer the inlet area by the trees and the shallow point just north of there on the same side.

Shallow seems to be key for me, maybe because thats what I usually fish. ;D

Also the point over by the ranch on the east inlet side.

These areas can be tough to access because of deep snow.

Good luck, Paul!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike,
How far are these points from the inlet? I've never been there so I'm not sure what to expect....my sled was built for deep snow so that shouldn't hold me back. ;D

Gotta get out of town and do something different, I'm wingin it alone - my son Vince deployed a couple of weeks ago.

I will come back with a full report - that I can promise!
Paul 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
ive always done best there in 10-15 ft of water,with deep water nearby. that point north of inlet has a shelf running east,that is in that range dropping to forty fow or so. wresteled a couple over twenty off of it. good luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
madmanmongo said:
ive always done best there in 10-15 ft of water,with deep water nearby. that point north of inlet has a shelf running east,that is in that range dropping to forty fow or so. wresteled a couple over twenty off of it. good luck
Point north of the inlet....how far is the point from the inlet?
Thanks madmanmongo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,527 Posts
MIKINAAK said:
madmanmongo said:
ive always done best there in 10-15 ft of water,with deep water nearby. that point north of inlet has a shelf running east,that is in that range dropping to forty fow or so. wresteled a couple over twenty off of it. good luck
Point north of the inlet....how far is the point from the inlet?
Thanks madmanmongo
Might want to get a fish-n-map. Distance depends on water level. Basically theres a parking area on west side by the trees overlooking the inlet. Last year they never plowed the parking lot so you may be screwed. There are trees , then some bluffs, then the bank starts to mellow out and thats where the point begins.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trout said:
Both ways are a pretty good walk bring water to hydrate ;D
Well Thanks Tom simple question simple answer now I know it's not real close.

any other ideas - hints, etc.?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,051 Posts
mikinaak, i know the spot that is being mentioned and if theres not a lot of snow on the lake its really not a bad walk from the east boat ramp. its a lot easier walking on the ice then over the field that slayer is talking about. never caught any pike there but i really wasnt fishing for them but caught some nice lakers in that area.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,527 Posts
madmanmongo said:
the key there is the stockers and kokanee that frequent the area
Lets see if Paul heeds our advice and makes the effort to get to that spot. That area doesnt get a lot of pressure I think thats a key also-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SLAYERFISH said:
madmanmongo said:
the key there is the stockers and kokanee that frequent the area
Lets see if Paul heeds our advice and makes the effort to get to that spot. That area doesnt get a lot of pressure I think thats a key also-
What? I didn't heed your advise give me a break....I value your advise.
I got lost!

Anyhow I'm going back this saturday and I'm going to go out of the west boat landing if at all possible. Now if I understand everone Slayer - you advise going left in shallower water for pike? And if i want Lakers follow to the right out to the point? This time am I pointed in the right direction?

Thanks Guys. Mikinnak 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It takes me 3 hours from Colorado Springs going thru Woodland Park to the lake.

I fished all day with a friend, we had 2 tip ups out all day and not one flag. We did bring home a bucket of small lake trout. I didn't fish the next day like planned. ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,527 Posts
MIKINAAK said:
we had 2 tip ups out all day and not one flag. We did bring home a bucket of small lake trout. I didn't fish the next day like planned. ???
Thats why its called "fishing" and NOT "catching". :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
[/quote]

Thats why its called "fishing" and NOT "catching". :D
[/quote]


I guess you can't catcha 10lb'er every trip. ;D
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top