Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about heading up on Sunday to fish for some mackinaw.....I have only fished for rainbows and kokanee here before, does anyone have any info on where to go, depths, different baits, etc.?

Any info is appreciated!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Check past reports. If you don't get a bite in say half an hour, don't be scared to move around. Lakers will be in 35-65 fow if not deeper water and I caught them on white tubes jigs and red/white daredevils tipped with sucker meat.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I'll be at the Fork tomorrow. We'll be driving a White Dodge 4-door pickup and pulling a snowmobile trailer with two sleds. We'll have a fish trap pro and a Frabil on the ice. Will probably start out at the big point towards the dam, from the east ramp. Stop by and say hello if your on the ice tomorrow.
Dan

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I went to Williams Fork yesterday (Sunday) for Pike in the west coves. Only one flag and not even a hit on the jigging rod. There were some people fishing for Kokes in the middle part of the lake, but they didn't appear to be getting much action. Ice was a solid 20-24 inches. Bring the sunscreen...I am hurting bad today.

Has anyone had any luck with the Pike there?

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Went to the Fork again today....skunked. I missed some trout, but that wasn't what I was there for. Was fishing in Johnson Bay. Only saw one other person fishing the east fork. Snow was about 10" deep and kind of a pain in the you know what. Ice was still thick, but appear to be coming up in more chunks (maybe a sign of soon to come ice out).

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
waterfowler said:
Went to the Fork again today....skunked. I missed some trout, but that wasn't what I was there for. Was fishing in Johnson Bay. Only saw one other person fishing the east fork. Snow was about 10" deep and kind of a pain in the you know what. Ice was still thick, but appear to be coming up in more chunks (maybe a sign of soon to come ice out).
Dan:

How did it go?...I'm hoping the ice hangs in there til next week when I am Spring break.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
DanDANthefisherman said:
Ice was still great. Fished 47' of water usual baits. Caught 15 Macs.
Dan:

Thanks for the update...I'm gonna hit the fork with snowmobile on Monday the 27th! Can't wait. I have not been out since January...You know the whole best laid plans.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts