Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Willow Creek this morning from 8:30 to 1pm.I was trolling with leadcore,short strand of flashers and a wedding ring with wax worms on one rod and a short string of flashers and a pink taz on the other.The water temp was around 54deg and it was very foggy the first hour or so.I only used 60 ft of lead core,i dont even know if i really needed it.Well, the fishin was very good.I ended up catching 4 kokes(3 nice 14+" males and one small silver)and at least 10 rainbows.The only bummer was the size of the bows,most of them were dinky.Last year i caught some bows that were over 3lbs.Oh well,next time i'll get my kokes here and then head over to Granby for some trout with some size.

lyn

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
sounds like a great day, even catching small fish keeps it entertaining.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
hi lynmack i was there a week ago and did good for kokes what part of the lake did u catch urs where they turning color or all silver

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I caught most of my fish between the boat ramp to the dam.I also caught a few on the north side from the dam to about even with the boat ramp.The males vary in color from greenish silver to a brownish red.It looks like they will be completly red within a week or two.Its hard to beat the koke fishin there.I think Wolford is the next lake im going to try.

lyn

C

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the map, worktofish! This is the first help I have gotten on fishing locations in a long time!

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
nice report, i also have been catching lots of kokes trolling there, lots of males up to 18 inches, i also have got some females with some eggs

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kokaneeking,what do you guys use when trolling?Do you guys use leadcore or just straight line?Also i had never used wax worms till yesterday and they worked great,i got that from your post from Clear Creek.Where do you guys have the most luck on Willow Creek?I thought about headin back to the inlet but i think they drop the kokes in at the boat ramp,so they should hang around the main lake to spawn,i think.Have you heard any thing about Wolford?Last year i did pretty good there as well.Thanks

lyn

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
i use uncle joes pop gear with a mack koke killer, i like fishing by the dam, i have had alot of sucess with the kokanee threw the ice there, never trolled wolford new boat that belongs to my brother, i nailed kokanee in wolford last december, i caught tons of um from 18 to 22 inches, i used bright orange tubes for the kokes and also pink

1 - 11 of 11 Posts