Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Willy's

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  TEDEYE 
#1 ·
Anyone fish Williams Fork recently? I've read a few posts on GM but I much prefer WF if I'm getting out of town.

Thanks.

#2 ·
Super slow this past weekend and it was the most crowded I've ever seen WF. The east boat ramp parking lot was completely full on sunday morning. First time I've been skunked in 4 years and everyone i talked to wasn't catching much. Between 8 of us, we caught 5 lakers between 6:45am and noon. We fished between 40 and 70 feet and for the first time ever i didn't nor any of my buddies mark a single suspended fish.

#5 ·
Just heard from my buddy and two of his friends that fished Willies today (0700-1200 on 3/25) and all of them got skunked. All they got was a couple of ultra light taps from lakers deep at sunrise, they were moving every 30-45 minutes but the bite never materialized for them. They then went shallow and only had one rainbow hit on the jawjacker in 12 feet but it got off.

They said the weather was perfect, no wind, warm temps and sun shining.

#6 · (Edited)
lol...

fish places between 40-60 feet deep, look for areas with something that could hold fish... like sudden dropoffs, boulders, etc... and use charteuse/yellow/pearl jigs tipped with any type of greasy baitfish chunks. I been going there every other week this ice season and haven't had a shitty day yet out there.. if you aren't getting bit, move until you find the fish. east side of the lake and the shitter areas have been my favorite place to get into them but most people don't like to walk far. right about now this time of year the lakers are going apeshit so once you find them, you'll be on them... if they are finicky, downsize your lures.

or just search the reports forum for what I posted in regards to the lake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.