Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW... stopped by yesterday to see if the ice was gone. It was close enough that I stopeed today and there was a nice hole, kinda like a shooting lane for archery... so I tossed a silver kastmaster out...
1st cast- #2 rainbow, 2nd cast- #4 rainbow.... 6th cast- #3 1/2 rainbow... what the heck, try something different... tied on small tube jig under a slip bobber fished near the bottom... NO LIE... I caught 5 more fish in the next 30 minutes. Quite a good time for 1 hour or so.
Hope this excites you all like it did me..........
tight lines and smoking drags.............TONY

·
Registered
688 Posts
where is windsor res.

·
Registered
688 Posts
thanks map quest found one but is on the west slope some where. this one is only a few minutes away ;D

·
Registered
935 Posts
I think he's talking about the one by Fort Collins (East Slope). The ice description sounds about right, considering the ice on other lakes in this area.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
fyraxe said:
thanks map quest found one but is on the west slope some where. this one is only a few minutes away ;D
Look for the town of Windsor instead. Windsor res. should be close to it.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
THansen, did you fish windsor lake? The one off Hwy 392, that goes through the town of windsor, or New Windsor reservoir, out by Severance? I've never fished either of them.

·
Registered
246 Posts
The Windsor lake I think he is talking about is on the northside of Windsor colorado the next exit after Highway 34 going north on I 25 twords . My little cousin fishes it all the time. When you hit the exit of windsor go east. Go thru town and on the left side you will see it. There is trout.Walleye,Smallmouth,Bluegill,Sunfish in there. Can be some good size to all species. There is alot of water fluctuations in the res so fishing is hit or miss there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts