Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WINDY DAY at Bear Creek Reservoir! Got to there around 8a.m and fished until 4p.m like an idiot battling the wind on every cast! Fished the entire perimeter of the lake and ONLY GOT ONE TROUT! The good thing was it was my day off and I needed the R&R plus there was just a handful of people on the lake virtually having it all to myself. There was a small boat that was trolling and got stranded on the east end of the lake by the rocky shoreline. I thought for a minute that they were on some fish but then when another boat went out to tow them back to the boat ramp I knew different. I talked to the guy that had to walk back from his stranded boat and he said his motor burnt out trying to fight the wind to go back. Shortly thereafter, my spinning reel got birdnest and I had to spend 25 minutes to fix it!! The wind was brutal. Finally, got a nice sized trout on a rooster tail around 1p.m. Don't know if the fish were line shy or what, since I was fishing 4lb fireline crystal. I may just have to tie on some fluorocarbine leader on next time.

Around 4p.m I decided to call it a day and was finishing up around the lake when low and behold I could not complete the journey. I guess that there are some marshes and trees and the Bear Creek itself that inhibit the crossing around the perimeter. So I had to walk and walk to try to find a place to cross the creek. Finally, I was so tired that I just crossed the creek in less than knee deep water to the other side. Feet wet, back sore, hands and face numb I finally made it back to my truck. Had a great time nonetheless picked up a 6 pack of coors and called it a day!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts