Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do think think this guy wins the smallest Largemouth competition? Maybe a master angler award of some kind?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Haha the greatest thing about all the little fish I catch is you guys can still catch fish smaller then me. WOOOT.

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
Wow someone caught the broodstock for Dan's fish...he is going to be pissed!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
It is amazing how agressive small bass are. I was fishing a northern lake for big smallies using a 6" woodchopper and a pack of fifty plus 2" smallies were chasing it like they were bad asses.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This fish was caught out of the last pond over at the Prospect Ponds. That was about all I was seeing in that pond was LM no more then about 8 in max. Not sure what happened to all the bigger ones or even the millions of stocker bows they put in there earlier in the spring. It was more rainbows then water! The funny thing like was posted above was how aggressive these guys are, since this guy chomped on a lure that was about the same size to 1/2" longer then he was, he actually got his mouth over all 3 hooks on the treble.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
The next question which Prospect pond? There are like 4 in this state.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hehe, just look at the shirt. Good old Fort Collins.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I dont know dude, in Minnesota they have those in just about every creek, and there called Chubbs. Looks exactly like the ones we used to catch.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Derajaman said:
This fish was caught out of the last pond over at the Prospect Ponds.  That was about all I was seeing in that pond was LM no more then about 8 in max.  Not sure what happened to all the bigger ones or ....
I was there a week ago and my buddy and I just got small ones.

I was there in the end of june and I got a good sized one, was 17 in. I put it back so it might still be there.... I got the big one on a buzz bait. but that was the only fish I got that day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts