Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any luck? I have this urge to bust out the spin rod and hit up some shore fishing for bass. I suck at bass fishing and I think fishing for them in winter makes it even worse. Anyone have any tips or tricks?

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
S....L.....O....W.... Thats my tip. Work your bait painfully slow LOL 5 minutes for 1 cast.... or even more if you have the patience.

Good luck!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any advice on baits to use? Are we talking about Texas rigged crawdads on the bottom with a super slow retrieve? Wacky rigged senko's? What am I putting down there that I am retrieving so slow? Also, where are the fish? Are they on the banks? Are they deep? Where am I casting?

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Jerkbaits-if the water is clear, lightly stained. If its not, find some that is.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, what is a jerkbait exactly? Lightly stained? I am a self taught fisherman here. Nobody around me uses this terminology. Talk to me as if I am a 5-year old.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Catch them through the ice -- that's my advice. Unless you're traveling far South in CO, you're going to have a tough time finding open water bass in January.

They'll attack shiners and any active jig through the ice.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
mad catter was the man with winter bassin'. very nice dude in person as well.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Catch them through the ice -- that's my advice. Unless you're traveling far South in CO, you're going to have a tough time finding open water bass in January.

They'll attack shiners and any active jig through the ice.
X2. Doesn't get much better than bass through ice. I've had my best day ever bassing in Colorado through the ice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts