Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This winter started out hard. The month of December was brutal on the west side and traveling was difficult. Butt these last couple of weeks we have had some avg to above avg temps and it sure has been nice to forget about my ice gear and stay focused on moving water.

This time of year is when I have my time off and I have really been loving my new gas conservative auto and temps in the 40's! Costs less, more filling.

The Rado, Gunny and Green have been my targets...I am waiting on the Juan reports and as soon as the sun gets a little higher I will fish the Ferry.

The water temps have been ccccold on the rivers and fish have been fluctuating positions based on sunshine and pre-spawn activity. Ice fishing for me is a "I have to fish so I guess I will hit the ice because my rivers are frozen, sport.

Me and my oldest son have been getting some great time on the water which makes winter even more enjoyable...He's been killing it.

If you are stuck in the ice mode I feel your pain and am sorry for you. This weather begs the question...Still water or moving...Not even a question in my book which way to go!

Get out and fish, take a kid when you can.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
nicely done. looks good out there. we went to Ridgeway the other day. Looks like we should have gone else where! Great pics!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Nicely done sir! I've been looking at the river at the house and thinking its starting to look pretty good. This is the only killin I've done on the river lately! Its hard to pull me off the ice though...

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
Looks like your spot is really heating up. With as hard as it's getting hit of late, and the super low flows, I cant bring my self to fish that area. I will wait and hope the flows go up a few hundred (1,000 would be nice) then I might fish it. I will keep hitting the RF valley tell then. Keep posting pics, they brighten my day.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I fished the fork the other day and it was very enjoyable. When the sun was high the fishing was slow for me, then the sun settled and the fish went nuts. Never saw a whitey, had one very nice bow and several good browns.

Now we are going to get another shot of snow up there so I may head south this week.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There were 16 cars in the lot when I got down there the other day at 1. River so low, fish are in control, they can hear folks coming, they hear them get into the water, they hear you talking...They ain't dumb. I have had to go with different everything to get them to consistently hit. That bow my boy has is an absolute toad, biggest fish I have seen come up in a while. One thing I have noticed is fewer and fewer crankers up there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts