Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well it’s been fun you bunch of snowflakes..... I got a job offer in NH. Lots of old friends and family back there. Time to embrace my inner swamp yankee. But there is a lot of water between here and there... some of which is not frozen. Got family in the Ozarks... Thinking about winter stipers around the Carolinas. I here there is a bottom release tail water near Pittsburg.. Florida is kinda out of the way but................. suggestions? Go! Also I got a bunch of fly fishing mags (about 50 lbs) and two aquarium fish that need a new home, a Cory and betta.

Attachments

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Good luck bugz!!!...Fish your way across the country not a bad way to go...catch lots and some monsters...lol its been fun...casper is probably sobbing uncontrollably as I type this...

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Good luck Bugz. Its a little out of the way but my suggestion would be hit up the outer banks (sleep right in the vehicle on the beach) for some surf fishing. The Ocracoke Inlet always treated us great, but somewhere up around Corolla would provide easier access when you are heading north.

Also John H. Kerr Reservoir on the NC/VA border has great striper fishing and a nice and accessible tailwater.

I'll be chasing crappies at Lake of the Ozarks this weekend. You can finds lots of opportunities from the boat slips in the coves which are really easy to access in the winter when the condo parking lots are empty during this season.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good luck Bugz. Its a little out of the way but my suggestion would be hit up the outer banks (sleep right in the vehicle on the beach) for some surf fishing. The Ocracoke Inlet always treated us great, but somewhere up around Corolla would provide easier access when you are heading north.

Also John H. Kerr Reservoir on the NC/VA border has great striper fishing and a nice and accessible tailwater.

I'll be chasing crappies at Lake of the Ozarks this weekend. You can finds lots of opportunities from the boat slips in the coves which are really easy to access in the winter when the condo parking lots are empty during this season.
Thanks for the suggestions.

I have a wood futon frame that I am gonna cannibalize into a platform for my Paco Grande, and shelf for clothes etc by the cab. Downsizing to a uhaul trailer that I can tow behind the T100.

Pretty much fishing/outdoorgear and tools... Gonna have to find some winter wheels when I get back there. That NE Salt is gonna eat my poor ol trusty rusty truck... But back there it is a Classic! LOL Need to have something left to bondo next summer........ :'(

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Been doing research on the fishing back east. I am getting excited for all the new water and species I have not caught, on a fly or otherwise. I pretty much just dunked worms as a kid for bass, panfish and cats back there before moving west, mostly places I could ride my BMX bike to. Apparently there are some streams with sea run brook Trout.... pike and brook trout fisheries.. Landlocked and Atlantic salmon. False Albacore, striper etc. I got some vise time ahead of me to get ready!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Best of luck Bugz, don't pass up going inland and fishing Lake Winnipesaukee and Squam Lake. Fished it quite a few times some years ago. Nice clean, granite bottom, spring fed lakes with a variety of species....We would load up the boat and camp out on any one of the given islands.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I first graduated HS a friend was going to a tech college and had a rental over looking the channel between Winnespausakee and another lake (squam I think). It would stay ice free there and we would watch snowmobiles try and make it from one side to another... good times! The Merrimack river that flows out of winne flows behind my moms house. Big enough down there that you can run speed boats on it. Supposed to have small mouth and other warm water fish. The river flowing in to winne has some good fish and spawning runs. Most everything there has a clean granite bottom and it is hard to throw a rock without it landing in water.. granite state! I got a friend from elementary school that guides in VT and another that does wildlife and fish surveys down by the coast. Next summer should be fun. Winters are going to suck though...

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
No suggestions for you unfortunately ... But wanted to say Good Luck!! I have always wanted to make it to the east coast to do some exploring/research for a possible future move(you never know! :) )

1 - 13 of 13 Posts