Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anything that fishes well near steamboat(10 miles or so)?
Got some family coming in about january 10, will be staying at a condo at the mountain. Not a skier or boarder, just a flyguy. Don't want to sit around condo playing video games all week. Any suggestions? Yampa(dont know how she fishes in the winter)?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
P.S. Not that she fishes all that well the rest of the time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have had reasonable success on the Yampa in the winter.  I fished right in town near the Library with egg patterns and nymphs.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Egg patterns, I'll have to give that a go sometime. I typically only fish eggs when fish are spawning. I wonder what they take an egg as? Food I guess, furthering my believe that fish really aren't as smart as we give them credit for.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yea the egg pattern was a surprise to me also.  A policeman that was patrolling the area stopped to talk and he suggested trying an egg pattern.  He said he had hooked up several trout in the same area I was fishing the day before with it.  It worked!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Go alittle outside of your10 mile radius and you could fish the Yampa at the tail-waters of Stage coach Reservoir. Very nice small water fly-fishing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts