Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, the fish are in big trouble this winter!! Another fantastic assortment of well tied flies!
This theme was TINY - Sz 20 and smaller, hosted by Koldkut.
( a couple of these will be re-shot because they are a lil blurred )

The Players :

Koldkut:

Lostlure:

BeadHeadRed:

Baja:

FishinGal:

Orion:

Oyey:

Slowdown:

Silent_Light:

Sorelips:

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Sweeet...got mine today. Well done everyone. Good pics Jiim, I dont know how you do it. Thanks for the flies everyone.

Jaime, I dig that red biot body.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Agreed. I have only been to the DS twice this whole year. Prolly 15 times the year before that!! I am wanting to try a few things there. It is about that time. I will be in touch...

·
The Mayor
2,101 Posts
First, the pictures are fantastic, the bugs look good! Second, I wanna go when you guys decide where and when. I agree that a whole day would be fun, specially if it is 11 mile or the DS. I have a spot on the middle fork of the S. Platte that not many people hit, not far from the DS if anyone wanted to hit that.

Today was fun, and I would like to thank Andrew for all of his hard work getting this fly swap done, really impressive.. Andrew, maybe you didn't get a dozen before lunch, but I know you caught a bunch of fish today. Hope you had a good time!

Peace 8)

BHR

·
Registered
883 Posts
To cool! I have to say this has to be one of the best swap I have been part of. Everyone has done an out standing job. The size, variety, and quallity of the flies is very impressive.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
I was impressed with the flies that came out of this swap. Any anyone who was even thinking of hosting one, do it, it's only about 4 hours of work on top of the fly tying time and it's real easy, get packages, sort flies, send flies out. And there are a few perks with some tyers hooking the host up. Very cool.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Koldkut said:
I was impressed with the flies that came out of this swap. Any anyone who was even thinking of hosting one, do it, it's only about 4 hours of work on top of the fly tying time and it's real easy, get packages, sort flies, send flies out. And there are a few perks with some tyers hooking the host up. Very cool.
I'm still thinking of ideas for a swap.

PM'd you too.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
slowdown said:
Received my flies today. Great job all! Now to use. HMMM where would any selfrespecting trout be hiding right now?? >:D
..... it ain't Chicago........ :-\ Heading out tomorrow for STEEL, rain, snow and 34degrees of wet funky fun!

·
The Mayor
2,101 Posts
Throw some steel at the steelies, and post up some pics of those hogs. 20" bows may be the best we can do out here, but 20# steelies rock! Oh, and when you get back, the small flies everyone tied will be wildly successful in the canyon, and the fish will still be here 8)

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Just got around to checking these photos - wow! Nice job guys and the photos really pop! Awesome detail. I like the red goose biot nymph too. They're fun to tie but so darn hard to work with.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
_colorado said:
Just got around to checking these photos - wow! Nice job guys and the photos really pop! Awesome detail. I like the red goose biot nymph too. They're fun to tie but so darn hard to work with.
Keep the biots you're gonna work with in a glass of warm water, much easier to work with and they won't tear.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts