Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm not saying freezing your @sses off in sub zero temps over a hole in the ice isn't fun but a warm water fishing spot may have some advantages. Anybody have any favorites they would like to share?

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
I know of a little snorking pool in a lava field on Maui...you have to hike about a mile and half through a lava field...totally protected from the ocean with just a small protected area to the ocean to exchange fresh water for the hoards of small ocean fish that live there...a little slice of heaven...way better than ice fishing...

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jörmungandr said:
I will bite.

South platte river below chatfield. throw panther martins in the deeper holes you'll find along the riverbank.

not warm water, but it freezing every year and forming safe ice is a crapshoot.... gross reservoir.

pueblo reservoir also never freezes over, and same with john martin... although both lakes do get skim ice that's tempting to walk on.
thanks and I have fished all those areas many years ago, I was thinking more of a tropical area with unreal fishing. I've been to costa rica and mexico several times and looking to try somewhere new.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Steve,

If you havent talk to Bernie...he just got back from Costa Rica...and is exclaiming its virtues...

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Florida I wish I could move there tomorrow..love the gulf side from Sarasota down to the Everglades. Hey Goon about 5 years ago my son caught a 24 lbs. snook directly under New Pass bridge. During the fight another guide was passing buy who also has a tv show and writes for the paper Capt Johnny stopped to watch my boy who was 9 or 10 at the time took a pic and put him in the paper that week.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
zman said:
Steve,

If you havent talk to Bernie...he just got back from Costa Rica...and is exclaiming its virtues...
yes, I talked to him and although I have been there 4 times and always enjoyed it there, I think I will head back again and possibly spend some time in florida on the way.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
captain shuyak said:
zman said:
Steve,

yes, I talked to him and although I have been there 4 times and always enjoyed it there, I think I will head back again and possibly spend some time in florida on the way.
Pu**y :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts