Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My buddy and I decided to head back to the spot for a third go. I figure I might as well take advantage of a hot bite while I can. It was windier than the past couple days and we got a little rain but that pretty much calmed down by the time we were ready to fish. Again, only put in roughly an hour or so. There were smaller boils happening but nothing like the past two days. Didn't get any big ones but my buddy and I each probably got four or five and what was cool is we both caught on spinning and fly gear. The little guys are a blast on a 5wt and getting my first wiper on the fly was awesome.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks, guys. As you can see the fly pattern I used was basically a white bead head wooly bugger but it had some sort of twister tail added. I picked up a couple other smaller streamers like a white bugger with a spinner and a rabbit strip white streamer but didn't end up using them. Over the three days, it seemed like they would hit pretty much anything that was white or light colored and between 2.5-4 inches or so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts