Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ya, Facebook groups really help protect the resource!!! smh

Yeah...Facebook is evil when it comes to hunting and fishing. It's the biggest tool in the "anti" arsenal. They cruise around looking for sites like Wiper Addicts, take the photos, certain info and rearrange the wording to use it for their purposes of shutting down fisheries and hunting areas.

I hate facebook.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
it is easy to see why we don't get any help to our warm water fish when you look at the make up of the division of wildlife. all the head of departments for the warm water fisheries are cold water fisherman or experts in cold water fisheries. they say there is no room in the hatcheries to raise wipers to fingerling size. I understand there are more fry from KS. & OK. on their way here but they will be dumped in other lakes as 1/2 inch fry. most of these will be food for the fish that are in the lakes they are dumped into. some of us offered to use our boats to take the fry and dump them in places on the lake where they would have a better chance to survive, but it is much easier to back the truck down a ramp and create a feeding frenzy at the docks. the powers that be, feel that as long as the MRT are available by the millions everything will be OK, but why are our license sales going down? they think the best thing they can do is raise the price of the license up and everything will be good again. just think about this, I know one trout fisherman that won't buy a license, and fished for almost 15 years, then got caught and had to pay less than 100.00. I would pay 100.00 for a 15 year license, wouldn't you? I know he is dead wrong, we have to pay our way to keep a good fishery going but it seems that we are beating our heads against a wall just trying to maintain a good warm water fishery.

that is my .02 worth

61 - 62 of 62 Posts