Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a crash course in striper fishing this summer in North Carolina. After cleaning about 40 I figured out what to do with the red meat the hard way!

Here is a easy way to learn how to fillet Wiper and Stripers. Goto  Wayneswords.com  and click on Fillet Video

D

·
0 Posts
Neal/CO said:
That site has been down since this original post?
I'm not sure what you mean. Neal. I just viewed the video on Wayne's Words.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those guys are always talking about catching 50, 75 100 stripers per boat? They better be good at filleting!

Cutting that red meat out really makes a difference in the taste. I think it is as good as Walleye if it is trimmed right!

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Neal, Neal, Neal, (shaking my head - no)

As good as walleyes? Say it isn't so!

Good video. Watching the stripper boil in the other video kinda gave me a minor case of OWW.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Walleye, Crappie, Perch, Wiper its all good after it hits the hot grease and gets washed down with a cold beer!!!!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
AHHHH!!!! I guess some places there are enough wiper to go around if they are stalked enough.....but come one they are sterile fish. Keep one, but please don't harvest them....keep all the walley you want but give us back the wiper! ;D

·
Registered
935 Posts
Keep all you want, they'll make more! ;D My wife would kill me if I didn't bring home fish. Saves money on grocery store meats and helps offset the cost of fishing gear.

C

·
0 Posts
Lake Powell has heavenly Striper fishing and they taste better than any other striper I have had, the cold fresh water of LAke Powell keeps them yummy!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Cochise said:
Lake Powell has heavenly Striper fishing and they taste better than any other striper I have had, the cold fresh water of LAke Powell keeps them yummy!
Stipers on the fly I bet that is a great fight. The more I see of Lake Powell makes me want to make a trip down there.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Lake Powell has to be the most fun place I have ever been fishing at and total so far I have spent 2 months and 2 weeks of my life there and cant wait till i get to go back again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts