Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
164 Posts
PescadoDiablo4 said:
Bring it....I've been perfecting my hybrid fishing every morning in Tennessee!
  I love it...This should be fun.... I love a little friendly competition... I wish we had stripers here... If its possible to love a fish stripers would defiantly be my lady Guinevere.  There is nothing that compares to hooking into a monster rockfish.... When they stop your hand in mid strip.... arrhhhh it's awesome... I’ll be  down to Lake Texoma in  4 weeks I can’t wait to get another one on the line… … 

· Registered
164 Posts
The last two weeks of May were great for me last year.... Caught a bunch around the flats... Never got into any monsters biggest probably 10-12 lbs... The first couple weeks of May might be the ticket with the warmer weather we have been having... Any idea's?

· Registered
164 Posts
The actual state record by weight was caught at pueblo Res.. It weighted 26lbs 15 oz.... and was 37.50 inches long.... The record catch a release fish was caught at Bingham Lake measuring 34" 1/2 inches... PD4 do you know if they weighted it before it was released?

· Registered
164 Posts
Flies... 1/0 to 4/0 hooks 4-12 inch flies... Mostly shad patterns.. I usally throw a clouser imitation so I don't get hung up on the bottom.... Early mornings and late evening seem to be the most productive... I say we give it 2-4 weeks before they start going insane in the shallower water... Sand flats work good, rocky points with deep water access... all good areas... I always watch for birds working the water and look for bait fish... Pueblo is a good place but fishes better from a boat... Bingham Lake can be great, Cherry Creek has some big ones.. But has tons of shad that can make the fish hard to pin point.. I use a 7wt rod... just to have some fun fights when hooked up.. I would try by the island at pueblo or the flats near the dam in a couple of weeks... Action should be hot.. I always tie my flies thin... I feel it makes them look more realistic to real baitfish.... Even if we don't get the tournament going this year we should all meet up and pound them!!!!

· Registered
164 Posts
Let me know if you want to get out there sometime... I am always looking for someone to split gas prices with... I have all the flies you will need..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.