Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
180 Posts
never tried for wiper but sound like fun. what type line are you using? Sink,Float? how long a cast if you are fishing from shore? What Pound tippet and how long are the leaders you are using. you can see i know NOTHING about wiper fishing.any posts with info would help. got a 7 wt rod i made a few years back and the only place i used it was on the gunnison catching 24-25" in rainbows. got float line for it but no sink.name the place and time and will try tomake it. where is union res anyway?

· Registered
3,184 Posts
Just started fly fishing...caught a trout, some blue gill, and some baby bass...ready for the big leagues! NOT...I have a 5/6 weight...too light? Where exactly in Bingham? I know it's somewhere in Douglas County--cross streets anyone?

· Registered
77 Posts
May is the best month for wiper at union but with all the snow were gettin we may get a strong early runoff and late march/early april might be a good time as well. all has to do with water temps and flow. The guys at www.fishexplorer.com are wiper/muskie crazy. They would probably host the tourney and put it all together if you all went to their free website and registered as guests and asked them too. check out the wiper pics for lonetree and horsetooth too!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.