Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MISTER TWISTER for WIPERS

This guy has this technique for stealing my Wipers, and should be stopped.

Has anyone else used this method? I've never used a "Casting Bobber" but his looks like it would work fairly well. By this method, I would venture that any Lure fished from just sub-surfact to several feet down should be very effective.

I'm only sharing this, so you guys will know who to look for and stop.
You have to all promise that you will never try this method. Okay? Sign the agreement below with your reply, assuring me on your sacred honor, that you will only use this information to
stop other fishermen from stealing our fish.

The video shows the following method.

This guy says:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26BfdmfEw_4

WIPER must be "stalked" quietly.

You cannot "chase them". "Troll motor" recommended

6' 6" Ugly Stick & 8# Test Line

"Mister Twister" 1/32nd oz White & Blue
"Lightning Bug" Jig

fished 36" below a "Tackle 2000 Rocket Bobber" i.e., "Weighted" casting bobber

How's it WEIGHTED?

m

I thought a Mister Twister was the little plastic jig, in White, Chartreuse or Yellow.
Shows ya what I know!

http://www.mistertwister.com/buy-online/lightnin-bug/396

http://reviews.basspro.com/2010/10209701/tackle-2000-rocket-bobber-jr-reviews/reviews.htm

Now You are all sworn in and deputized to confiscate this tackle.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

The most surprising feature I've seen, is the use of Gizzard Shad of about 8" in size,
to catch larger Wipers.

·
Registered
582 Posts
You must still be learning the ropes of becoming a wiperholics, but its an aged old technique. The reason you weigh down the bobber is because it doesnt create an unnatural wake on the water as you retrieve it in. It also helps in distance. Take a trip to the wiper factory in Big Mac and you will see 8in .alewifes being engulfed like candy.
Another trick Ive picked up is to use a bobber with a lipless crank. Very wierd but keeps the cranks in striking zone longer without "feeling" what depth the crank is at.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh indeed, I am a young man and I still have a lot to learn as a fisherman.

If I were an older fella, I would perhaps know better than discuss fishing in a fishing forum.
Staying close to home, even if it means feeling stupid, is more economical.

So do you use a Rocket Bobber?

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Nawanda...I am an old fart and still have tons to learn as evidenced by my Delaney trip this weekend...keep posting and putting ideas up there, some of us may not of heard of it...one other way of fishing for wipers that Troy Coburn told me about with twister tails and other jigs is to put them behing a top water lure...wipers can be attracted to the top water lure but often will not commit but will go for the jig tied on a dropper.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I love fishing for Stripers/Wiper/White Bass. IMO they are the most awesome fish to fish for. These methods are very common but keep posting anything and everything to do with these types of fish. I enjoyed the videos.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"...one other way of fishing for wipers that Troy Coburn told me about with twister tails and other jigs is to put them behing a top water lure...wipers can be attracted to the top water lure but often will not commit but will go for the jig tied on a dropper."----zman

You know, I was thinking about that sort of a double rig.

There's this one video, showing a guy with some sort of a "gang" conglomeration, with about 10
Lures on it. It's like a tree made of wires. I even wonder if it is even legal in Colorado?

Also, you're writing about the "dropper" plastic Twister Tail, with a Top Lure, and I really think it could be effective for the reason you state. Fish like to stay under or near under.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SetTheHook:

So the Gang-Contraption is a "U-Rig"?

That would look like a whole school of fish in the water. Interesting.
I just know I'd get that crap all tangled up. you betcha.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 15 of 15 Posts