Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On the other site a poster talks about losing a wiper with it coming off during it going airborn...near as I can figure of the few hundred I have caught I have never had one jump...I have had them go hard right or hard left on topwater on the surface like a 10 to 15 lb fish turning into a wake bait on the hookset but I have never had one come out of the water...

Anyone ever have a wiper jump completely out of the water while fighting it? And how big was it?...mainly just curious...90% of my wipers have come out of Aurora and not one jumper...maybe the little ones (less than 10 lbs) jump...havent been many of those over the years at Atown...like I said just curious...and I know there are a bunch of guys that caught a bunch on here especially out east...

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Can't say I've ever seen them come out of the water either. I've probably caught a couple dozen over the years, from around 15-32"

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Nope... Don't think I've had one completely leave the water.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's the other site...
lol...was waiting for that...

do stripers jump (lol need to be careful and not type strippers!)?...only been to Powell once and wasnt that impressed with stripers compaitively...

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So you have seen a wiper jump completely out of the water?

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and did your phone number change?...tried to call and blonde slap you!...

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I haven't caught a lot of em but I've never seen one jump either . FX is funny.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Never saw it before this year. Had about a half a dozen jump this year. Only one jump, and only on topwater, and only right after I hooked them. Not really proper "Flipper" type sea world jumps, more like a twisting cartwheel. It's pretty weird.

I have had striper jump too. Never have had a white bass jump as I recall, and I have caught thousands.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
I've never seen one jump out of the water... splash after hooked, yes, but never a jump during the fight.

Swimbait, you're suggesting you saw a half dozen of them jump out of the water during the fight? At night, I presume?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts