Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think we've discussed this before but I'll ask again. If the lake in question doesn't have any signs posted and the fishing regulation doesn't specify a size limit can one just assume that the wiper has to be 15 inches in order to be legally kept? I ask because in this particular lake they looked almost identical to the white bass. The only way to tell for sure was to open their mouth and verify one or two patches on the tongue. And of course the size difference. You can clearly tell when the wipers get above17 inches that they are not white bass.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would check the regulation book per each lake or reservoir that you visit just to be sure. Down where you were fishing at there are no size limits to wipers just a creel limit of 20 in combination of white bass and wipers.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would check the regulation book per each lake or reservoir that you visit just to be sure. Down where you were fishing at there are no size limits to wipers just a creel limit of 20 in combination of white bass and wipers.
I checked the book and it states nothing about minimum size. We played it safe and released all of them except a few white bass to fry up for lunch. Thanks for the info!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts