Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious which one you guys think fights the hardest. Now that I have caught both it is still a tough call?

That first 20 seconds a striper takes the bait and runs is unreal!! The three I lost dove into flooded timber and snapped 20 lb test! It seemed like once I got their head pointed in my direction I could handle them. Of course the biggest was only 12 lbs! I can't even imagine what a 30 lber must be like?

Wipers earn the "stripes" once they start using that wide body and turning sideways! It is like reeling in a trash can lid! Their strike is awesome also, but the pure breads have more speed, in my opinion.

I was surprised there was as much difference as there was in the two? What do you guys think?

· Registered
6,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think the Wiper has more stamina and is use's that wide body well. But I think sheer power and speed of the stripers on that first run is awesome!!! i could deffinately get hooked on Striper fishing!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.