Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fished Pueblo again for a couple hours tonight as the sun was going down. Threw rattle traps off the dam. My buddy and I were burning them in with intermittent pops. We got one decent wiper, a bunch of eyes and a couple crappies. Kept one of each. Had some smaller bass, too. About to make a fire and cook these dudes up. The walleye I kept went 18.5 so he’s legal. About to try some chicken liver for cats. Haven’t been to Pueblo in years but I have to say it’s always been good to me. Definitely never been skunked out here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
352 Posts
Awesome work, never fished that far south but always hear good things about that area for fishing. Those pictures made me hungry!!😛😀

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Awesome work, never fished that far south but always hear good things about that area for fishing. Those pictures made me hungry!!
The fish was sooo good! We seasoned the fish with a barrier reef Caribbean seasoning (or something like that), salt and some herbs. Then we threw them all in some foil with butter and lemon juice and tossed them on the coals. Honestly the best fish I’ve had in a while! The wiper was surprisingly good but the eye and crappie were amazing! We cooked some big portobello mushrooms with butter and salt/the Caribbean seasoning and they were top notch as well.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Nice - I may have to ttry some Caribbean seasoning. Always looking for new ways to cook the catch.

I'm surprised you guys worked the dam. You might do a bit better moving a smidge west...just saying. And it would definitely be easier on your knees!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Nice - I may have to ttry some Caribbean seasoning. Always looking for new ways to cook the catch.

I'm surprised you guys worked the dam. You might do a bit better moving a smidge west...just saying. And it would definitely be easier on your knees!
I’m surprised to hear you say that because dams tend to be very productive and popular fishing spots and that dam has been really good to me. We killed it the couple hours we were there. We actually fished some of the coves west of there earlier in the AM and didn’t get anything. I got my first wiper ever at the dam on my first trip to Pueblo ever and it was a toad.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Sorry Whomp, I did not mean to come across as negative. Right now points are more productive than coves; you just have to find the point du jour.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry Whomp, I did not mean to come across as negative. Right now points are more productive than coves; you just have to find the point du jour.
Lol no worries amigo. I’ll keep that in mind next time

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Nice catch and cook!

·
Registered
647 Posts
I'm a bit late to this. Nice mutli species day. Pueblo has always produced well for me use to fish it a lot in the mid 2000's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts