Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Looks like someone was wearing out the fillet knife....... ;D Nice mess of fish..You're doin' better than me..Heck I couldn't catch air if I jumped out of a plane..!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
thats a load of fish....ive never caught white bass, they look like fun, especially since it looks like when you catch one...you catch a bunch.

is that a pink catfish? must be a new species ;)

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea there was 4 of us i didnt catch 34 by myself, but yea its fun. U got any flies that look like maribou jig thats all i was using.
LOL maybe the stringer wore the catfish out im not sure. Whenever u wanna drive 3 hours and a half let me know, i know u like to catfishing.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Its funny! I was going to ask the board if anyone still used marabou jigs anymore? When I was kid in Kansas/Missouri that is about all I used or could afford. And it was about all I needed! That and some Beetle Spins!

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
yeah i always carry a few marabu jigs and fish them alot especialy in still water. i think i have caught just about everything that swims an one at some point or another

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
HookNLine said:
Yea there was 4 of us i didnt catch 34 by myself, but yea its fun. U got any flies that look like maribou jig thats all i was using.
LOL maybe the stringer wore the catfish out im not sure. Whenever u wanna drive 3 hours and a half let me know, i know u like to catfishing.
I use marabou on lot of lake flies i tie...to include some variations of the clouser pattern and also the good ol wooley bugger....but to me they all remind me of the same marabou jigs i used to use for crappie as a kid.

i might be up for that drive...3 1/2 hours aint bad for a load of fish like that ;)

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
HookNLine said:
Maribou jig 59 cents for one =34 fish
Lucky Craft 13.99 for one     = 0 fish

LOL i havent used the lucky craft yet. Still in the tackle box.
When you asked me what color lucky Craft to buy? I forgot to tell you have to take it out of your box LOL.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
HookNLine said:
Yea there was 4 of us i didnt catch 34 by myself, but yea its fun. U got any flies that look like  maribou jig thats all i was using.
would that be 3.5 hr north or south?

i could do a trip like that every now and then

M

·
0 Posts
bobwall said:
The Mac's out of the bag!!! ;D
Huh? What about Lake Ogallala, Keystone Canal, The North Platte below Keystone, Swanson Reservoir, Rock Creek Lake, and Enders Reservoir, Prewitt, Jumbo, Brush Ponds? :p

·
Registered
110 Posts
Those places are no good, was near almost all of them this weekend, almost no water, fishing terrible. :( The bugs are out in force this year, tons of ticks and biting deer flies. The wind always blows 30+ mph in the afternoon, sand in your face and eyes. :eek: I would stay in close to Denver. ;D

M

·
0 Posts
I've experienced that sand in the face, sand in the food, sandblasted lantern globe, etc. That's why I bought a camper ;D

Fishing report for Southwest Nebraska looks almost as good as the report the CO DOW published this afternoon. Sounds like Front Range Fishing is ON!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yes, very sure ;) There is better fishing in the Denver area, it was bad last weekend. Should be windy every weekend from here till Nov. and man are the bugs bad. Hey,did you fish Sutherland last sat.?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts