Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I headed to a spot today late in the evening. I didn't have much time but it was one of those trips where you just have a good feeling for whatever reason. I parked and got to my normal spot but because of bad conditions, I couldn't fish it and ended up deciding to try another spot that I like. On the way to that spot while I was driving in my car, I saw a boil. I parked in the closest lot possible, grabbed my rod and one lure and sprinted to it. I waded out as far as I could to where water was almost spilling in my waders.I had to to get past the brush and crap. That's where the boils were happening- right up against the submerged brush. I did a few casts and on the last one just as the lure was about three or four feet from me, I saw a strike at a baitfish on the surface. It was right behind my lure so I stopped my lure, twitched it once, and the fight was on. Didn't get the best pictures because my buddy was several hundred yards down shore but I tried. It was almost dark and there were people approaching some stuff I had sitting out by my car so I headed back to the parking lot but I really think I coulda gotten some more had I stuck around. I wish I had a popper on me because they were really blowing up but there's always next time. Either way I was super stoked and plan on heading back tomorrow. Gonna bring the fly rod, the big swimbaits and poppers and see if I can make something happen. Getting one on a streamer or bull shad or something would be sick! Here are several pics I really wish I had someone close to take a picture of me with the fish but these are okay I guess. I have a video of the release as well but it's kinda revealing so I won't post it. As you can see, got him on the ghost shadow rap. It seems to be a pretty darn good shad imitation.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Whomp..... why are you holding up a tarpon in your profile picture..... if you did snag a pic of you and that wiper I'd say that should be your pic..... otherwise that tarpon you got up seems to be out of place on a forum called Colorado Fisherman :pound:

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Whomp..... why are you holding up a tarpon in your profile picture..... if you did snag a pic of you and that wiper I'd say that should be your pic..... otherwise that tarpon you got up seems to be out of place on a forum called Colorado Fisherman
You do know the bluefin tuna I had as my avatar for like three years isn't from Colorado either, right? I mean, we know you're not the greatest at fish id but cmon...:pound:

·
Registered
358 Posts
You do know the bluefin tuna I had as my avatar for like three years isn't from Colorado either, right? I mean, we know you're not the greatest at fish id but cmon...:pound:
Classic whompus here boys.... seems this time he's skirting my question. Why are you holding up a tarpon in your profile pic for a forum called Colorado Fisherman? For a guy that has built his reputation surrounding a post count I find it amusing when I read your insights on what it means to be a colorado angler..... with a picture of a fish thousands of miles away right next to your posts always seems to crack me up..... If this states regional topography isn't the ocean and/or your style..... don't be surprised......what you ought to do is post up that wiper!..... With over 1,000 posts your well on your way to becoming top dog on this forum.... we count on you for solid input but we all really enjoy when you can't help yourself but defend every little thing that rubs you the wrong way..... keep it coming whomp! :pound: :bounce:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts