Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I headed to a spot today late in the evening. I didn't have much time but it was one of those trips where you just have a good feeling for whatever reason. I parked and got to my normal spot but because of bad conditions, I couldn't fish it and ended up deciding to try another spot that I like. On the way to that spot while I was driving in my car, I saw a boil. I parked in the closest lot possible, grabbed my rod and one lure and sprinted to it. I waded out as far as I could to where water was almost spilling in my waders.I had to to get past the brush and crap. That's where the boils were happening- right up against the submerged brush. I did a few casts and on the last one just as the lure was about three or four feet from me, I saw a strike at a baitfish on the surface. It was right behind my lure so I stopped my lure, twitched it once, and the fight was on. Didn't get the best pictures because my buddy was several hundred yards down shore but I tried. It was almost dark and there were people approaching some stuff I had sitting out by my car so I headed back to the parking lot but I really think I coulda gotten some more had I stuck around. I wish I had a popper on me because they were really blowing up but there's always next time. Either way I was super stoked and plan on heading back tomorrow. Gonna bring the fly rod, the big swimbaits and poppers and see if I can make something happen. Getting one on a streamer or bull shad or something would be sick! Here are several pics I really wish I had someone close to take a picture of me with the fish but these are okay I guess. I have a video of the release as well but it's kinda revealing so I won't post it. As you can see, got him on the ghost shadow rap. It seems to be a pretty darn good shad imitation.

· Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Whomp..... why are you holding up a tarpon in your profile picture..... if you did snag a pic of you and that wiper I'd say that should be your pic..... otherwise that tarpon you got up seems to be out of place on a forum called Colorado Fisherman
You do know the bluefin tuna I had as my avatar for like three years isn't from Colorado either, right? I mean, we know you're not the greatest at fish id but cmon...:pound:

1 - 2 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.