Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We found a few schools of wipers at Pueblo in Plum Creek cove and No Name cove this past weekend. They were hitting all day on shad jigs. I was wondering if there are better areas on the lake? Here's pops with a nice one. I think they are one of the hardest fighting fish in fresh water!

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Looks like you did pretty good. The first time I ever went to Pueblo I was targeting wipers and got into a couple at the most basic, common sense spots. I remember some guy on here telling me that I couldn’t have possibly found them on my own and that someone must’ve given me some secret info or spot which was laughable because we literally just started fishing the closest cove to our campsite. Obviously he struggled big time to get into them and couldn’t believe that I didn’t have as much trouble as him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like you did pretty good. The first time I ever went to Pueblo I was targeting wipers and got into a couple at the most basic, common sense spots. I remember some guy on here telling me that I couldn’t have possibly found them on my own and that someone must’ve given me some secret info or spot which was laughable because we literally just started fishing the closest cove to our campsite. Obviously he struggled big time to get into them and couldn’t believe that I didn’t have as much trouble as him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah most of them were in the 15 - 18 inch range. I think Pueblo is full of them. You could probably catch them any where on the lake if you have the right lure/bait. Ran into a guy who was catching them off crawdads over at the dam all day long just sitting there bait dunking.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Word to the wise, be careful naming your good spots on the web or they won't be good for long. Lot's of hotspotters out there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good call. 😉 I’ve also notice most people don’t name the lakes either. I will follow suite and be like others.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've tried worms, cranks, trolling, jigs, leeches, and sorcery-all to no avail--good spots or not. I don't get them.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Super fun fish for sure! To stay in them all day is pretty sweet. We had about two hours of non stop action last time I was there before we left in search of the illusive 18+ eyes. Cranks worked for us, and gulps come to think of it, and blades, really anything once you find em. All of our wiper were @ that 18” mark as well.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Oh man what a nice wiper and thanks for sharing. ONLY lake I can't convince my friend to go to because he is afraid of Zebra Mussells.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts