Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Wipers

4K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  1eyered 
#1 ·
Well, I use this site a lot and I decided that it's time I contribute something....Last year June was the most productive month for BIG wipers. Here's some pic's from last June to get everone pumped up to get out there!

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
The biggest shiners I could get! I figured this out one night after catching a stocker trout on a minnow. I let it go and immediately there was a huge swirl, and a bunch of trout scales floating around. The big wipers were there all along, but were only interested in the big stuff. I caught one on a huge rattle trap also.

#10 ·
That is awesome...I have a friend up in Greeley that always makes a trip down here for the Aurora wipers...looks like I am going his way in June...a new challenge for 4 pound line...those are spectacular!...

#11 ·
Came back to this thread to look at the pics one more time......

"CROIKEY!! Would cha look at the soize of that creatcha!!"

The pictures of them wipers will be one of my favs to look at on the internet besides Jessica Alba and Tila Nguyen pics...

#12 ·
Im impressed---- im throwing all of my itty-bitty baby wiper pics away now....sorry to waste your time with them....

for real.  nice fish!

and please dont tell us you caught them in Glendo...
(sorry, i had to say that...it leaked out...in fond memory of Eyeguy)

#14 ·
james said:
WICKED Fish !!!!!!!!! :eek:

1eyered, I'm really impressed by theese pics...., but to compare to Jessica Alba....., you're no longer my hero.  :(  ;)

Rottal --- You're still one of my heros, don't stop posting the pics!
lol...ok, ill keep posting the pics then. hey, i wonder if i can Adobe Photoshop a wiper...turn one of my itty bitties into a 26lber

and i dont know about that boy 1eye...someone needs to keep an eye on him...

#17 ·
All I gotta say is WOW!!!!...IMPRESSIVE!!...My puny wipers don't compare to those....I've been there 3 or 4 times this year already but only got the 18-19 inchers on one trip...hopefully next time around!....so you were using shiners on a bobber or off the bottom and also how far out?.....again, those are some nice wipers ...thanks for showing the pics...you got me so pumped up!!

#19 ·
wiper_stalker:
It turns out that they were all pretty close to shore. Last year the lake was low, and the weeds came to the surface over much of the lake. There was a channel near the dam however, and that's where they were crusin'. Any method of baiting the shiner works: bobber, freeline, and a sinker on the bottom. This year, there's just too much water to pin them down....Make sure you've got at least 1/0 hooks and 14lb test!
Good luck!

#22 ·
Go talk to Dave at Discount Fishing in Ft. Collins on College Ave. just south of the intersection of College and Prospect. That's where I get mine, but he doesn't always have them in stock. As for the hooks, I like Gamikatsu's. I hade eagle claw hooks bust in half, and #4 Gamikatsu's straightened like a pin. Sometimes you have to lay some serious stick to these fish, so be sure to get something big and strong, with a wide gap.

#24 ·
Rottal said:
and i dont know about that boy 1eye...someone needs to keep an eye on him...
That's what they all say....... I'm like Smigel from Lord of the Rings.... "Precioussssssssss....." J/K

Them wipers are beeoooootyfulll... I'd definitely kiss one of those ladies  :D!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.